Kilmore Church, Dervaig, Isle of Mull Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fucking shit, WHAT! :lmao:

So Ax, be GLAD you don't have a girlfriend :wink:

I love how he writes that 'he doesn't know how it happened...'

Well, I think they teach you that here in 2nd grade biology dude... :rolleyes:

:lol: And I WOULD find it suspicious if my mother in law asked me about sex... and then you sorta would lose your clothes 'accidentally'... riiight

Aw, but it's so cosy in here... :sigh:

I can't understand all those Dutch thoughts anyway :D

Regrets suck. Do stuff! :hug:

There may be a reference there I'm not getting... :uhoh:

:tsk: Lies. You're using my brain to learn Dutch aren't ya?

I don't do regrets. sure there are some things I STILL get embarassed of to this day, but I don't regret them. Life's too short for regrets.

Regrets suck. Do stuff! :hug:

There may be a reference there I'm not getting... :uhoh:

Maybe next year ...

Oh, did you miss the whole Annhilation Tour thing on EYKIW? It was one of the formative pre-Superthread things where a number of us first really interacted. There was this fake Wikipedia article claiming that U2's next tour would be the Annhilation [sic] Tour, and somehow, it went totally unnoticed and wasn't deleted for weeks - partly because regular Wikipedians like myself were too amused to actually put it up for deletion. Somebody (not me! I never edited the article) even added one of the tour locations as Axver's Backyard.

I've now claimed the Kunstmuseum as one of the Annhilation Tour's gigs.

Maybe next year ...

Oh, did you miss the whole Annhilation Tour thing on EYKIW? It was one of the formative pre-Superthread things where a number of us first really interacted. There was this fake Wikipedia article claiming that U2's next tour would be the Annhilation [sic] Tour, and somehow, it went totally unnoticed and wasn't deleted for weeks - partly because regular Wikipedians like myself were too amused to actually put it up for deletion. Somebody (not me! I never edited the article) even added one of the tour locations as Axver's Backyard.

I was around with Annihilation!!!! :hi5:

:tsk: Lies. You're using my brain to learn Dutch aren't ya?
:shifty:

Not at all... I'm learning it from packets of Dutch biscuits... send more! :D

I don't do regrets. sure there are some things I STILL get embarassed of to this day, but I don't regret them. Life's too short for regrets.
:up:

There are things I regret, little stupid things for the most part, and I hate it. Don't want to collect any more!

OMG

lhc2.gif

:love:

Not at all... I'm learning it from packets of Dutch biscuits... send more! :D

:up:

There are things I regret, little stupid things for the most part, and I hate it. Don't want to collect any more!

Will do! It's not Sinterklaas yet but the Pepernoten are already to be sold. I'm buying both you and mot a bag of chocolate covered ones!

And I think Ax should try some too :hmm: If only I knew some aussie who could provide me with his adress.....:shifty:

I love this letter :lmao:

Zing! :laugh:

So Ax, be GLAD you don't have a girlfriend :wink:

I love how he writes that 'he doesn't know how it happened...'

Well, I think they teach you that here in 2nd grade biology dude... :rolleyes:

:lol: And I WOULD find it suspicious if my mother in law asked me about sex... and then you sorta would lose your clothes 'accidentally'... riiight

Haha. Oh god. What a fucked up hilarious situation.

If the mother actually has the child, things would be damn interesting from then on in for that family!

Will do! It's not Sinterklaas yet but the Pepernoten are already to be sold. I'm buying both you and mot a bag of chocolate covered ones!

And I think Ax should try some too :hmm: If only I knew some aussie who could provide me with his adress.....:shifty:

:ears perk up: Food? :hyper:

35. :falls over laughing:

:shocked:

:uhoh: You're not Dutch aren't you?

:tsk: Seriously Bro, that's NOT the way to go. I mean, I can understand you'd like some experience an older woman can give you. But yea, it's sorta HARSH to not dump the girl first.

Oh, btw, there was a song that sorta stuck in my head yesterday. It's by Fountains of Wayne. Called Stacey's mom :wink:

Maybe next year ...
:waiting:

I think I only heard about that peripherally...

:lol: Brilliant.

"Unfortunately"? :tongue:

I'm too old to be 16 and too young to have a 16 year old daughter. Thank goodness for both!

Ali, don't you watch ACA or TT? Kids are getting pregnant so young nowadays that OF COURSE you could have a 16 year old daughter! Would Xenophobia Tonight lie to us? Really now!

:shocked:

:uhoh: You're not Dutch aren't you?

:tsk: Seriously Bro, that's NOT the way to go. I mean, I can understand you'd like some experience an older woman can give you. But yea, it's sorta HARSH to not dump the girl first.

Oh, btw, there was a song that sorta stuck in my head yesterday. It's by Fountains of Wayne. Called Stacey's mom :wink:

Nah, I'm just kidding. Lucy's only 22. :wink:

:ears perk up: Food? :hyper:

:yes: They're sort of Dutch biscuits/candy, it's a bit of both. We have a tradition that your christmas is ripped off from by Coca Cola.
Sinterklaas comes to Holland each year to celebrate his birthday at december 5. He brings his 'black petes' with him, and they give kids that have been good candy and pepernoten and bad kids get beaten with twigs :lol:
and if you've been real bad, you get to go in one of their bags and go to spain with them for the rest of the year. (Sinterklaas has a house in Madrid)

At Sinterklaas's birthday we get presents from him, because he's so rich he gives children who've been good presents. Kids can put their shoe in front of the fireplace with something for Sinterklaas's horse(which he rides on the roof) and a letter to Sinterklaas, with a wish list. And when they wake up, there'll be a small gift and the carrot is eaten by the horse.

All kids believe that here, we don't do christmas.

:D and Older kids enjoy the good food. I don't get presents anymore, but we always used to go to my grandma and she'd make us old skool Dutch pea soup :drool:
Now we still hold that tradition high, even without her.

So, if you want to try some, I could send you some. I sent Ali some last year for christmas :lol: apparently she liked them!

:waiting:

I think I only heard about that peripherally...

:lol: Brilliant.

Here's what we have of the Annhilation Tour thus far.

2008-01-17, Axver's Backyard
2008-02-25, Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein
2008-08-15, Canada Road, Memphis
[A few more around here that I forget]

THE I <3 MY YACHT LEG
2009-05-30: Public rehearsal, Bono's beach house, Eze
2009-06-01: Port of Nice
2009-06-02: Port of Nice
2009-06-04: Marina in Antibes
2009-06-06: Marina in Cannes
2009-06-07: Guest appearance at the Cannes Film Festival before the debut showing of U2 3D II: Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein
2009-06-09: Bayside in Agay
2009-06-11: Port of Toulon
2009-06-12: Port of Toulon
2009-06-14: Port of Marseille
2009-06-15: Port of Marseille
2009-06-17: Harbour of Martigues
2009-06-19: Etang de Perols, near Montpellier
2009-06-20: Beachside at Sete
2009-06-22: Up the River Herault in central Agde
Edge's beloved yacht then gets stranded in the Herault. U2, unfazed, buy much wine from a riverside bottleshop and toast their successful world tour.

:ohmy: I wasn't actually serious!

Choc covered... :drool: Thank you! :bow:

I have one set of 'roo balls left... want them? :wink:

:ohmy: I wasn't actually serious!

Choc covered... :drool: Thank you! :bow:

I have one set of 'roo balls left... want them? :wink:

Well I was. Cause I couldn't get them in time last year so I couldn't send you both chocolate ones I was determined to get you both chocolates this year :yes:
they're three flavours of chocolate in one bag too!

:laugh: Remind me what they are again please before I say yes to actual roo balls..*suddenly has flashbacks of a certain Edgeroo*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom