Killer typo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rivergoat

War Child
I gotta watch my typing a bit better... the following is an email exchange between me and a friend:

My letter:
There's an old song I have stuck in my head (well, pieces of it) that I am thinking it *might* be U2. I dreamed about it the other day, and it's been on the edge of my consciousness ever since. I'm thinking early-to-mid eighties.. it's not on any U2 album.. kinda Glock of Seagulls/Golden Earring type feel (but not them for sure)...any ideas? (vague enough for yas?) }:)~

His reply:
"Glock" of Seagulls... *squawk squawk* *flap flap flap* *BANG* *thud* :D

I laughed so hard I woke the neighbors! Just had to share it with y'all...

goat

}:)~

P.S. Figured out the song was actually "Red Skies At Night" by the Fixx.

Nice screw up :up:

I've never heard that song (or heard of it for that matter!) :ohmy:

rivergoat said:
Figured out the song was actually "Red Skies At Night" by the Fixx.

Funny typos = :up:

That song cracks me up, but I kinda like it. They used to play it all the time on the rock station I listened to when I lived in Athens, GA.

Well, I remember back in the mid-eighties or so, we really did have red skies at night (here in Atlanta). It was the aurora borealis ('northern lights') - we only get that like MAYBE once a decade down here. I remember the entire sky was lit up in bands of red, with occasional paper-thin clouds, a near-full moon and bright stars for effect. It was an eerie, awesome sight - I still dream about it on occasion. I guess that's why that song has stuck with me for so long.

}:)~

Back
Top Bottom