Kill Bill Vol 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
I can't promise that spoilers won't appear in this thread at some point, so be forewarned (I won't leak anything though).

We went to an 11:30 show last night :yawn: but the 4 of us thought it was great. Somewhat different style than Volume 1, still pretty violent but not as much as the first one. More dialogue and all of the actors are great :yes:

I tend to forget movie details pretty quickly so it was helpful for me to rewatch Volume 1 before we went. If you didn't see Vol 1 at all, you'll probably be pretty lost...

I finally saw Vol. 1 last night.

It really is cartoonish/anime violence--huge sprays of unending blood when someone gets stabbed, it's really cheesy. Some of it makes you go "Ugh!" but not very much. It's certainly less gory than your average slasher flick--most "violent" films are, I've noticed, I guess critics just don't watch those.

I was more let down over how much of the film had been released in trailers, it barely felt like I was seeing it for the first time. :|

Finally watched Volume 1 tonight. I didn't LOVE it. It was entertaining for most of it, but it was one of those movies that I have no idea how you'd "latch onto" it, or how you'd love it - I wasn't sure other than stylistically, what you could LOVE about Vol 1.. we'll prolly see Vol 2 in the theaters soon.

Edit to add -> It certainly was NOT as horrendously violent as it was made out to be. Very cartoonish.

weeeeeell, i liked volume 1 a lot. i first saw it a couple months ago on pay-per-view. my hubby bought it on dvd the day it came out. so we watched it again friday night to refresh our memories.

we saw volume 2 yesterday afternoon. :up: i was surprised by what the bride's name really was, and what happened throughout the movie was totally cool.

i will say something though, it's not a spoiler per se if you've already seen volume 1. in the beginning when they show her at the chapel, and she's already been beaten up by the divas, bill's talking to her. she says something, then shoots her. i'd told my husband it sounded like she said "bill, it's your baby" and i was RIGHT! at the time my husband was like "yeah, whatever" :dance:

I saw this today.

I think I liked Vol. 1 better, maybe because of all the sword fighting, but the back story and training sequence was all cool.

The fight with Daryl Hannah was far sicker than anything in the first one! :yuck:

Is her name a reference to something, and I just don't get it? :huh:

Well, in Vol 1, you can see the Bride's real name mouthed by Vernita Green at her house. It's fairly obvious what they're saying even over the beep....

The name I think is a reference to a certain "level" in a classic novel - although I'm unsure if that fits with the plot of the movie.

Another thing I noticed about Kill Bill from watching Pulp Fiction tonight - Mia Wallace (Uma Thurman) starred in a failed pilot - "Fox Force 5." There are 5 DiVas in KB. Also, Mia's character was the "deadliest woman in the world with a knife." Ha! Sounds just like a certain Bride we all know :) (I was proud of myself that I noticed this tonight - I generally don't always pick up on these things too quickly).

I saw it on Sunday (and Vol. 1 on Friday). I can't really decide which one I liked better; they both impressed me a great deal.

The fight scenes in both were awesome, the music in both was awesome, and the story was awesome.

I forget which volume it was from, but I thought that the fighting against the blue/red backgrounds was pretty funky. :wink:

Oh yeah. Chapter 8 affirms one of my greatest fears. :ohmy:

---edit: I mentionned the Fox Force 5 thing to my friend too, who's a big Tarantino fan; I was quite proud of myself. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom