"Kill Bill"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw it yesterday and although I loved quite a few things about the film I can't say I thought it was -that- great. Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu were fantastic and I really liked that scary-as-hell Japanese girl (O-Ren's bodyguard). The action was -very- impressive at times. A few things like the anime sequence felt like they were pointless "cool" bits tacked on for no purpose whatsoever, and where did all the memorable dialogue go? Also, Pulp Fiction had lots of nastiness in it but at least it was darkly funny, whereas Kill Bill had too much nastiness for its own sake IMO. I still want to see the second part, of course.

Last edited:
I saw it Saturday night.

I liked it....but need to see it again.

I saw it with 14 other guys (my lacrosse team). It was funny to hear the different reactions to it (a lot of people who obviously haven't seen movies that are not of the "norm").

Saracene said:
Saw it yesterday and although I loved quite a few things about the film I can't say I thought it was -that- great. Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu were fantastic and I really liked that scary-as-hell Japanese girl (O-Ren's bodyguard). The action was -very- impressive at times. A few things like the anime sequence felt like they were pointless "cool" bits tacked on for no purpose whatsoever, and where did all the memorable dialogue go? Also, Pulp Fiction had lots of nastiness in it but at least it was darkly funny, whereas Kill Bill had too much nastiness for its own sake IMO. I still want to see the second part, of course.

you are missing the point of the entire movie

this beauty was spawned out of pure love for film. You can see Quintins love for movies tangeably on the screen as you watch it.

the fake, over the top blood and violence, so cartoonish that it isn't even offensive

the anime sequence
the plot...or rather, the lack thereof...

it's a homage to those revenge driven martial arts and anime films...and it is flawlessly done.

martial art and anime films :down:

ive never gotten into those kinds of films, they just bore me

obviously im not sophisticated enough to appreciate films "not of the norm" in which 90% of it consists of people beating the crap out of each other

but thats just me :shrug:, to each his own they say

Chizip said:
martial art and anime films :down:

ive never gotten into those kinds of films, they just bore me

obviously im not sophisticated enough to appreciate films "not of the norm" in which 90% of it consists of people beating the crap out of each other

but thats just me :shrug:, to each his own they say

Thanks for pointing out my post.

I am tired of all the "poppy" crap shoved down the throat of the general public. I don't want to see some "meaty" person with a crappy line that gets in a car chase and shoots the bad guy and saves the world exactly 96 minutes into the movie.

I like something that is a little different, and challenges viewers. I want to see someone express themselves...art and heart - not something created to make millions of dollars and market Pepsi.

It is not about your lack of sophistication. That is another story. :wink: It is about the industry making a crappy product that lacks sophistication.

Oh, and :up: to St. Louis area mega-theaters selling Budweiser products in the theater. :down: to me being so tired that I had 40 ounces of beer and napped for about ten minutes during the movie!

i quite enjoy non typical movies that make you think and expand your mind

but watching movies that are primarily just fight scenes, eh, that doesnt excite me

fighting scenes in any movie just bore me, its like alright, lets get past this so we can get on with the movie

i dont know, i guess im just not a violent person

and like i said, if people like it, then good for them, i hope they enjoy it, its just not really my thing

these fight scenes aren't boring!

and I'm not talking about new martial arts films with jackie chan...I'm talking old school!

but still..I agree..to each their own

best film i've seen this year!
was a bit worried going into it because of some bad reviews i'd read, but can safely say i enjoyed every minute of it!
cant wait for part 2!

"Cartoonish" is exactly the word I have been using to describe this bloody mess of a movie. It's kind of brilliant in that it doesn't pretend to be anything other than a bloody violent funny sick revenge film as homage to martial arts films and anime. There is not one erg of depth to this film, zero character development, nothing, and that's part of why it's funny. It has all the signature Tarantino style but it wore a bit thin for me after a while. Still, it's just something you have to see.

Basstrap said:

you are missing the point of the entire movie

this beauty was spawned out of pure love for film. You can see Quintins love for movies tangeably on the screen as you watch it.

the fake, over the top blood and violence, so cartoonish that it isn't even offensive

the anime sequence
the plot...or rather, the lack thereof...

it's a homage to those revenge driven martial arts and anime films...and it is flawlessly done.

Oh, I know what he was trying to do there; but to me the film was less a love-letter to the film and more like a love-letter to Quentin Tarantino himself. The movie frequently felt as if he was treating it as a vehicle to show off his movie knowledge and "cool stuff" he loves and little else.

Uma Thurman officially became one of the coolest people on the planet on the back of this performance

and is it just me or is Irish alternative folk musician Gemma Hayes a splitting image of Uma, sometimes people not only look the same but have that certain look about them when they put on a certain expression?

photo324_lg.jpg

sometimes it happens with lookalikes, like when i was watching Titanic i kept thinking Kate Winslet was Madonna

yertle-the-turtle said:
dammit

it's rated 21+

I'm a happy camper alright. :angry:

i personally didnt think it was that worthy of that rating

its not hard to watch at all, it was like watching a cartoon

21+ is for something like Natural Born Killers or Trainspotting, definitely not Kill Bill

Back
Top Bottom