Kid Rock gets grief for copying Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoney!

ONE love, blood, life
nywwp20102041001.jpeg

VFW Angry Over Kid Rock Poncho
Feb 4, 10:01 AM EST

Associated Press

Forget Janet Jackson: The Veterans of Foreign Wars is peeved at Kid Rock.

The VFW is upset that media outlets are ignoring the poncho Rock wore during the Super Bowl halftime show, which was made by cutting a slit in an American flag. Rock later tossed the flag into the crowd.

The VFW's commander in chief, Edward Banas Senior, says Rock's outfit was "in poor taste and extremely disrespectful." Banas lamented that the NFL, MTV and CBS have issued apologies for Justin Timberlake's ripping Janet Jackson's clothes but have said nothing about Rock.

CBS faces a Federal Communications Commission investigation into whether the Super Bowl show violated decency laws, with potential fines of up to $27,500.

If applied to each CBS station, the fines could reach into the millions.

FCC chief Michael Powell said Tuesday that the agency had begun a formal investigation, and a letter was sent to CBS. "It's well under way," he said.

All five commissioners expressed concern about the Super Bowl broadcast, but Powell declined to speculate on what the FCC would do once the investigation was finished.

Powell said he wasn't happy with the halftime show in general, including Rock's performance.

Rock's representatives could not be reached for comment.

Yeah, I'm sure Kid Rock was trying to disrespect the flag. If I wore a Canadian flag, or any flag, around I think everyone would say I was being patriotic. People are just so old fashioned and uptight sometimes it makes my blood boil.

There's so many much better reasons to be giving Kid Rock Grief.

There's so many much better reasons to be giving Kid Rock Grief.

yes. i'd like to start with "cowboy". actually there were a couple songs before that one...bababaititia something or other.

terrible music.

he looks really stupid in that picture too.

Back
Top Bottom