Kid Rock....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
Anyone like Kid Rock? I don't like when he does rap but there is one song I do like, and that's "Only God knows why". I love that song. Is that really his or did someone sing it before him? Just sounds familiar. Yeah, so outside of that song, I don't really care for his music, but I've seen him in a couple of specials (For the Troops) and something else, I think it was on VH1, and he really seems like a down to earth person...whattayathink?

I gained a little bit of respect for him when he was on the Carson Daly show. He was jamming on an acoustic guitar and singing bits and pieces of songs. He was pretty good on the guitar. He's really into the blues and classic rock.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Im a kidrock fan, if you like Only God Knows Why, youll probably like Lonely Road of Faith. His new CD is really good in my opinion. I have some favorite songs, but then Im also not a big fan of some of his other work. All in all, hes creative, original, and he does have talent, although some people are too blinded by their hatred of rap/punk to see that.

We hear about him all the time with him being from Michigan and all. He seems like a real down to earth guy who loves what he does, so I give him credit for being an alright guy (more so than that other Detroit white-boy rapper...), but I don't listen to his music.

------------------
You can tear it up
If you can tie me down

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
All in all, hes creative, original, and he does have talent, although some people are too blinded by their hatred of rap/punk to see that.

*blinks her blinded eyes*

oh well. He just annoys me.
tongue.gif

He visited Ladysmith not that long ago--one of the teeny towns up island from me--with his gf Pamela Anderson, who comes from there.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

BANG!!!! Kid rock fan in the house. I like kid rock, in fact I like him a whole damn lot. Ain't nothing better to listen to when you are drinkin 40s and hangin with your honkies. Yeah but if you like Only God Knows Why you'll love the new CD. His duet with Sheryl Crow is great.

--------------------------------------------
Show love to those who come real with it, life's a bitch but I deal with it...

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

I am a Kid Rock fan as well. He is one bad ass I would love to kick it with, but never mess with. I appreciate what hes doing with his music. His mixture of rock and rap connects to people from my hometown, which could be summed up like this- they still sport the mullets, still hang their confederate flags high, but listen to rap for the appearance of being a gangster. But thats okay, I got love for them honkies. I do believe Kid Rok explained it best when he said that if you don't like his music, you're "too old to Kid, and too soft to Rock.." Mad shout out to the Detroit Playa.

------------------
Southern playalistic

I like Kid Rock all right. One of my co-workers went to one of Kid Rock's gigs before he had hit it big. He said that there were about 50 people total in the audience and that Kid Rock hung out with all of them afterwards and gave them autographs and stuff...said he was a real nice guy.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Even though I dislike most of his music I find him rather hot
eek.gif

He did something really cool last year- he played a concert in the Cole's home port of Norfolk, VA and let all servicemen in for half price, then donated all the profits to the children of the sailors killed in the USS Cole terrorist blast. He did this after hearing that the Cole sailors cranked up his song "American Bad Ass" as a last act of defiance as it was being pulled away from the port where it was attacked. He was so moved emotionally by that gesture he wanted to do something to help the people involved. So, Kid Rock rocks!!

Back
Top Bottom