Kid A or Amnesiac!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
Which of these 2 songs do you like more..

I think it's very hard to decide, I like them both.

Kid A has Idiotheque, EIIRP and optimistic
while amnesiac: Pyramid song, IMBW and D&C.

As a whole, I like amnesiac more.

What do you think is the better one?

POP-ROMANCER said:
Which of these 2 songs do you like more..

I think it's very hard to decide, I like them both.

Kid A has Idiotheque, EIIRP and optimistic
while amnesiac: Pyramid song, IMBW and D&C.

As a whole, I like amnesiac more.

What do you think is the better one?

Kid A hands down :up:

To this day I still can't get into Amnesiac very easily

For me Kid A is a perfect record.

Amnesiac has songs I can't live without but I don't listen to the record beginning to end the way I do Kid A.

i'm going to have to go with kid a on this one. amnesiac is a bit mellow, which is good, but i have to be in a mellow mood to listen to it. kid a is a *bit* punchier, plus it has idioteque :drool:

Definitely Kid A. Amnnesiac is a very weak Radiohead album, which still makes it brilliant. :wink:

I hate "In Limbo." I don't know why. Other than that, Kid A is perfect. Oh, and in college, the drumbeat of "Idioteque" scared people down the hall. But that's not the band's fault, I guess.

Amnesiac doesn't work as a cohesive album so much as a collection of songs, so it loses a lot of points there. "Pyramid Song" and "I Might Be Wrong" kick all kinds of ass, though.

Kid A is the most important album recorded in the last ten years. As a result, it wins this one by default without any trouble at all. Near-perfection.

I don't have much against Amnesiac, though. Good songs, good energy, but not a very good "album," I suppose. As others have noted. Still, "Packt Like Sardines..." is one of my fave Radiohead tunes, as are a number of other tracks from Amnesiac.

typhoon said:
Oh, and in college, the drumbeat of "Idioteque" scared people down the hall. But that's not the band's fault, I guess.
:lol:

:up:

I like 'em both equally.

kid a might win if not for pyramid song.

I actually think kid a is way overrated judging by this thread.

Kid A by a mile.

Amnesiac reminds me of an album of Kid A b-sides. Which one could argue it might be, if not for a few really good tracks.

one sign that i've been on this site for too long already:

i'm reading Amnesiac and thinking that it's Caisenma backwards. :crack:

both are good. kid a is overrated while amnesiac is somewhat underrated. i think i still give the edge to kid a.

amnesiac has some killer tunes though. "you and whose army" rocks my socks :yes:

I love Amnesiac. It was the first Radiohead record I really got 'in to'...however, when you take into account how it's really a collection of songs from the same sessions as 'Kid A', which really does stand miles above the rest, Kid A wins hands down. Amazing record.

Back
Top Bottom