Kid A is blowing my fucking mind!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A million props to whoever takes the time to view this--so beautiful and perfect and everything else that I wept openly:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=114YFVMT

And a million-billion props to whoever can refresh my memory as to what the FUCK this is and what its source (not TV...rather, when/how was it produced and such)
was. I remember there being talk of videos being made--but never distributed--for Kid A, but this was in the arcane days of the shady-as-hell computer I spoke of earlier in this thread...and dial-up...and other such monstrosities. Please. Hook a brother up. I feel like I just saw the inside of my mind, and I need to know who the fuck got inside to recreate it so perfectly...!

I hope that if you haven't seen that before, you enjoy it. My God...so fucking perfect!!!

Wow! Those images.. :love: Would've been even better if the add-on ending was included with silence in between et all. But this wasn't an official video??? How did you get it?

It has to be an official video, Zootle. I'm pretty sure that you're semi-new to Radiohead, right...? In case you don't know, the artist who works with Radiohead to design pretty much all the visual output of the band is named Stanley Donwood--he's the guy who painted all those spectacular landscapes and shit for the Kid A liners. These images are clearly his. They bear all the traits (if you're interested, you can see some of the artistic fallout of what Donwood has done at www.explodingdog.com--in the internet age, everybody has disciples) of his work and then some.

Because of my technological hindrances back in the day (and even today, to a somewhat-lesser extent), I only knew about Radiohead, U2, etc. news in print--few, if any images...and NEVER any sounds. I know that Radiohead had some "videos" (but not "really" videos...?) commissioned around the album's release. This clearly looks like an outtake of some sort, though it also appeared on TV....it's just very strange, to me.

1) It's official. I'm 99% sure.

2) If it was never officially released, why the fuck was it on TV...?

3) Why would the band NOT commercially release such a striking video if they bothered to commission it?

4) Is there any official release upon which this video appeared? I'm pretty sure there isn't, cuz I've never seen it before and I haven't been able to find it, today.

Oh...and I found this on a messageboard. There was a link to a video for "Motion Picture Soundtrack" and I was like, "What the fuck?" And then I was like, "God DAMN!" And now I'm like, in fucking amazement. So gorgeous...! Definitely my favorite song on the album, and it's everything I always envisioned when listening to it.

That last image has been, for five years, the image in my head when I listen to the song. So fucking dope.

If you shout... said:
That last image has been, for five years, the image in my head when I listen to the song. So fucking dope.

I knew there would be star light. :wink:

And yes... I'm new to the experimental side of Radiohead. I bought both Bends & OK a long time ago!

Back
Top Bottom