Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

The vineyards should secede and join Victoria. :up:

I don't understand your dislike of Adelaide. I mean I badmouth it as much as anyone, but seriously it's the most art conscious of all cities in Australia, it's the only place not founded by convicts here, it has had a simple and effective layout since 1836, it was religiously free compared to other cities back in the day, Ben Folds wrote a song about how great it is, it's surrounded by mountains, and all good cities are surrounded by mountains, it isn't Sydney, it prefers to spell gyros phonetically, a U2 concert was filmed pro-shot here in 1993, alphabetically speaking it's before the other cities in the country, it has the most critically and commercially successful Australian brewing company in Cooper's, and it was/is the home of many of Australia's most successful serial killers. What's not to love?

I hated some recent Kiwi tourism ads that played in Melbourne. "Australia, this autumn, top to bottom we've turned New Zealand green and gold for you!"

Said in exaggerated/South Auckland Kiwi accents too.

Bleh.

coolian2 said:

Awesome.

I also love loud vocal arguements were everyone is actually agreeing with each other.

I often do this with my friends while sober.

Oh MY GOD! My step-mom. She is CONVINCED she is right about everything when she is drunk. The worst thing, she's convinced she's right about all thigns electronic. I had the longest argument with her about HDTV and HDDVD players once while she was drunk, and I don't know why i bothered continuing, but I just don't like her so much I guess I couldn't resist.

I finished reading over this MSN chat, and it ended with quite a cliffhanger:

Chass: Okay, well he's right about Bono and Edge :lmao:
Chass: I think I scared Axver
Me: What/?
Me: wait
Me: aXCV
Me: ER
Me: DRUNK
Me: Wat happeeneed
Me: Axvder

*Conversation ends*

I wonder what she did :hmm:

bono_212 said:

*Conversation ends*

There's something SO FUNNY about your last few lines there.

Axver! Axver?

The Sad Punk said:

I don't understand your dislike of Adelaide.

Oh, no, I don't dislike SA/Adelaide at all. I'd rather like to visit there and it pisses me off that I haven't been yet. It's just that SA and WA are far too fun to make jokes about!

it's the only place not founded by convicts here

Melbourne/Victoria wasn't a convict settlement either.

it was religiously free compared to other cities back in the day

See, you really are living in the past, Bonnie. :wink:

it's surrounded by mountains, and all good cities are surrounded by mountains

You know just how to win favour from a Wellingtonian. :up:

it isn't Sydney

:lmao:

WIN.

coolian2 said:

Ben started in the Sahara....and someone is attacking the little village

i think that was one episode before last week's. i don't understand that sahara business AT ALL, in terms of why he started in the middle of the desert, but that storyline did answer one question

bono_212 said:
I finished reading over this MSN chat, and it ended with quite a cliffhanger:

*Conversation ends*

:lmao:

I have no idea! I don't remember Chass scaring me ...

The conversation ended when I passed out next to the xBox for the record, so that the timeline fits and all :lol:

The Sad Punk said:

That showed a lot of things that don't really exist here anymore, like koalas, Aborigines and water.

FUNNIEST POST OF THE THREAD.

:lmao: :lmao:

Quoth Homer, "it's funny because it's true!"

coolian2 said:

It's overall brilliance.

Someone was calling for Axcver and he didn't appear

My only disappointment is that she didn't accidentally call me Assver.

Axver said:
Melbourne/Victoria wasn't a convict settlement either.

Are you sure about that? I thought it was convict central. Even if Melbourne wasn't a convict settlement, there were still more convicts there. Plus Victoria is so small, it's quite possible the ships loaded with thieves didn't actually know it was there, and thus went over to NSW instead.

See, you really are living in the past, Bonnie. :wink:

Quiet! I'll send our State army against you - we just got new catapults and we're dying to try them out!

The Sad Punk said:

Are you sure about that? I thought it was convict central. Even if Melbourne wasn't a convict settlement, there were still more convicts there. Plus Victoria is so small, it's quite possible the ships loaded with thieves didn't actually know it was there, and thus went over to NSW instead.

Melbourne was definitely a free settlement with no convict history. However, until ... 1853? 1851? Victoria was part of New South Wales.

Though South Australia was originally part of NSW too. When did you lot separate?

Quiet! I'll send our State army against you - we just got new catapults and we're dying to try them out!

WE HAVE AFL BALLS AND WE'RE NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM!

coolian2 said:

I think i'd actually be disappointed....to a point

those demotivational posters would probably be hard to fake in that volume if you didn't earnestly believe you were being absolutely hilarious and clever

coolian2 said:
That would accidentally prove that mofo82 is her alter.

And would explain a lot more about mofo82 being such a sourpuss...nobody can seriously be that sour

:laugh:

Get yourself off the beaten track and head across the Peninsula, but not before stopping off at the Currumulka Pub for a drink with the locals. This pub is pivotal to the social activities of the local community, and along with the rest of the town is built on a system of dolomite caves, which stretch some 4.5 kilometres.

There is no way in hell they would have written this before the place got new owners. Curramulka Pub was THE shittiest place in the world. Serious boganville, adolescents on gear, Four X Gold basically the only beer there, and regular brawls.

Unfortunately, since it's cleaned up its act, my hometown of Minlaton has these eejits now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom