Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #466
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

an ID cane - like one of the red and white striped ones? (well that's what they look like here) I guess I wouldn't think someone with the ability to say read interference forums would want/need one.

do you take pics of trains in part so you can see the detail?
I frankly don't know! I've talked to Vision Australia about it and they say it's a good idea for me to have one, but I actually don't know the difference between types of canes. Terrible, I know. But I'll find out on Friday.

My friend who is legally blind and has a guide dog would have no problem reading here, though she may enlarge the text somewhat. People don't understand legal blindness all too well, and when it comes to my albinism, I'm not surprised; many of us (hopefully an ophthalmologist will soon say I'm one of them) are functionally legally blind, i.e. on controlled tests we don't reach the threshold for legal blindness, but outside we're absolutely fucked. On a sunny afternoon, I can often not see more than a metre or two in front of me.

And yes, I routinely find all kinds of detail in my train and tram photos that I never saw while I was actually there. Some of my best photos with multiple trains have been total flukes as I've only been aware the closest train was there.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #467
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:04 PM
hey ax have you heard the "the rescue" project by eits? what do you think?

Old 05-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #468
Vocal parasite

Quote:
OMG ITS AWESOME i feel a little less of the desperate urge to download everything i can from my network

are they torrents? or some other form?
They're all on sites like send space, mega upload, and rapid share.

I have downloaded SO MUCH stuff from Sordo, it's insane.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #469
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:34 AM
I think I've always intended getting into Post-Rock more. I have a Tortoise album, and that's about it.

Oh, and I see Flying Saucer Attack is listed there too. They're good.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #470
Vocal parasite

Quote:
hey ax have you heard the "the rescue" project by eits? what do you think?
I've got it, it has some cool stuff, but to be honest with you, I haven't listened to it that closely. Most of my plays of it come because it immediately follows The Earth Is Not A Cold, Dead Place on iTunes.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #471
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I frankly don't know! I've talked to Vision Australia about it and they say it's a good idea for me to have one, but I actually don't know the difference between types of canes. Terrible, I know. But I'll find out on Friday.

My friend who is legally blind and has a guide dog would have no problem reading here, though she may enlarge the text somewhat. People don't understand legal blindness all too well, and when it comes to my albinism, I'm not surprised; many of us (hopefully an ophthalmologist will soon say I'm one of them) are functionally legally blind, i.e. on controlled tests we don't reach the threshold for legal blindness, but outside we're absolutely fucked. On a sunny afternoon, I can often not see more than a metre or two in front of me.

And yes, I routinely find all kinds of detail in my train and tram photos that I never saw while I was actually there. Some of my best photos with multiple trains have been total flukes as I've only been aware the closest train was there.
interesting. i guess i usually (mistakenly i know) think of blindness as total blindness. which is dumb as i've got extremely severe nearsightedness myself, but it's correctable to 20-20. but there's no way the army could ever draft me! i am hoping some day laser surgery can correct me as i hate hate hate it when i can't see.

so sunlight affects your vision and not just your skin? is it like, everything beyond a meter goes white, or what? is your vision usually blurred, like my classic nearsightedness? i would not be able to read normal font on this laptop screen from typing distance if i didn't have my contacts on.

it's no wonder you don't like movies or tv much.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #472
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
I think I've always intended getting into Post-Rock more. I have a Tortoise album, and that's about it.

Oh, and I see Flying Saucer Attack is listed there too. They're good.
i guess i didn't dl all the bands listed. they aren't on my network, just searched. i guess i'll check sordo!

i got several tortoise albums.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #473
Blue Crack Addict

Ax, do you have any idea where to download Swervedriver's first album? That has my favourite song of theirs on it.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I've got it, it has some cool stuff, but to be honest with you, I haven't listened to it that closely. Most of my plays of it come because it immediately follows The Earth Is Not A Cold, Dead Place on iTunes.
lol that happens to so many of my albums.

i've only listened once. i think it's a cool project and i'd absolutely drop dead of excitement if u2 released something like it to see how the band would work under those conditions, even if the stuff sucked. i really liked the later tracks of the rescue the most and a few i wish they'd develop more. my boyfriend thought it was boring and watered down and such - it certainly doesn't have the same amount of resonance or whatever you would call it when they play the 3 guitars just so.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

Also what is this sordo thing and is it the answer to my question.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:32 AM   #476
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

They're all on sites like send space, mega upload, and rapid share.

I have downloaded SO MUCH stuff from Sordo, it's insane.
yeah i checked it out. between that and u2start, maybe i'll subscribe to one or two of those dl sites next year when i have an income.

but probably not, i'm a cheap bastard.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #477
Blue Crack Addict

i just popped my sordo cherry for flying saucer attack
Old 05-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #478
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Also what is this sordo thing and is it the answer to my question.
he just told me about it 2 pages ago. google sordo and enter ducky in the search box that comes up and you will think you've died and gone to heaven
Old 05-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #479
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ax, do you have any idea where to download Swervedriver's first album? That has my favourite song of theirs on it.
Sordo links to here: http://rapid share.com/files/72799923/Swervedriver_-_Raise.rar

I've never gotten a dud from Sordo yet, though sometimes the tagging leaves something to be desired.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #480
Vocal parasite

Quote:

he just told me about it 2 pages ago. google sordo and enter ducky in the search box that comes up and you will think you've died and gone to heaven
Not ducky; quack.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread