Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:
can i make a confession? i fucking LOVED wham! when i was a kid. like, my mom said i wore out several copies of their make it big! cassette when i was a kid. i apparently also did this with madonna's like a virgin :reject:

I almost bought Make It Big yesterday too.

I think I accidentally stole my step-mom's vinyl of that album...if I could find it, I would be content with that.

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol well i don't know how much, i've bought some...but i remember they have october, jt, rattle and hum, aiwiy, and some singles. i remember they had tuf (album and single) but i can't remember if i bought them or not. i have them, but i just don't remember if i got them from there or not. or if they replaced them in the meantime.

aside from U2, i find the oddest stuff in my town's record stores :hmm:

:faint:

KhanadaRhodes said:

I HAD THAT ON CASSETTE!!!

too legit
too legit to quit

hey heeeeeeeey

omg i still know that stupid hand gesture thing

I should run out to the car and get the giant bag of cassettese in there, see what all crap I bought just cause it was a quarter

phanan said:
Jitterbug.
damn you!! my post already drove me to listen to careless whisper!!!

ugh...i'm not ashamed of any of the teeniebopper music i like, but this is probably as embarrassed as i get. i do have an aaron carter song on my computer, but i downloaded it for comedic value, not because i liked the song. for realz.

KhanadaRhodes said:
can i make a confession? i fucking LOVED wham! when i was a kid. like, my mom said i wore out several copies of their make it big! cassette when i was a kid. i apparently also did this with madonna's like a virgin :reject:

There's nothing wrong about that with Wham!. :wink:

I personally don't like Madonna. Don't hurt me DreamOutLoud. I think she is degrading to women and every female songwriter is pushed to be like her.

phanan said:

Wrong tape.

:tsk:

Believe me, I remember these things. They left a mark way back when.

Hammer had more than one album?

WAIT! TOO LEGIT'S NOT ON IT?!?!/

CRAP I bought it because I figured I knew at least two songs on it.

THis reminds me though, does anyone else remember the cartoon that MC Hammer used to have back in the early 90s?

bono_212 said:
:D and that's just one of the stores! the one i visit most often anyway, since they always have the most selection. there's a few other i rarely go to.

ugh, like the time a friend of mine visited and i had to go to all of them. and then we road tripped to nashville (cuz i wanted to see tim finn...yes i know lol) and we had to go to all the stores there TOO...lol i guess it was payback for making him see tim finn. but geez! he kept looking for one band i'd never heard of :der: and then last weekend, one record store was having a sidewalk sale, $1 per record, or 10/$5, and there was one by them.

did i buy it? no :evil:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:D and that's just one of the stores! the one i visit most often anyway, since they always have the most selection. there's a few other i rarely go to.

ugh, like the time a friend of mine visited and i had to go to all of them. and then we road tripped to nashville (cuz i wanted to see tim finn...yes i know lol) and we had to go to all the stores there TOO...lol i guess it was payback for making him see tim finn. but geez! he kept looking for one band i'd never heard of :der: and then last weekend, one record store was having a sidewalk sale, $1 per record, or 10/$5, and there was one by them.

did i buy it? no :evil:

Evil much? :lmao:

bono_212 said:
I should run out to the car and get the giant bag of cassettese in there, see what all crap I bought just cause it was a quarter
i kept them in my trunk for a while, but then i was like...i have no tape deck, this is fucking pointless! i have tape decks in my stereo in my room, but everything i like i have on my computer/on cd...so again, no point. so i threw them in storage.

okay...i gently placed them in storage :nerd:

bono_212 said:

:lol: my car only has a cassette player :scream: but you can hook up a cd player and an ipod i think but still :madspit: you have to hook it up through the cigarette lighter :madspit:

Last edited:
Screwtape2 said:
There's nothing wrong about that with Wham!. :wink:

I personally don't like Madonna. Don't hurt me DreamOutLoud. I think she is degrading to women and every female songwriter is pushed to be like her.
:drool:

lol, confession time!!! i went through a HUGE madonna obsession in like 95/96. i had all her albums. then one day, i hated her. i sold everything but the immaculate collection and something to remember. i still like both of those. last year, i was like "hmm, her early stuff is okay..." and downloaded madonna, like a virgin, true blue, and you can dance off a torrent. i figure, i paid for these albums once, so it's not illegal! :shifty:

bono_212 said:

Hammer had more than one album?

WAIT! TOO LEGIT'S NOT ON IT?!?!/

CRAP I bought it because I figured I knew at least two songs on it.

Too Legit was on the next album, if I remember.

Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em has the one and only U Can't Touch This.

phanan said:
Wrong tape.

:tsk:

Believe me, I remember these things. They left a mark way back when.
:reject:

well, that shows how much i liked him...i remember owning both tapes! omg...and vanilla ice! i liked him too. god, i remember making fun of him with my aunt :lmao:

*browneyedgirl* said:
:lol: my car only has a cassette player :scream: but you can hook up a cd player and an ipod i think but still :madspit:

I accidentally broke my iPod tape adapter. That was a sad day. So, hence, the cassettes, they were cheaper than a new adapter :crack:

phanan said:
Too Legit was on the next album, if I remember.

Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em has the one and only U Can't Touch This.
yeah, looking on wiki, the only song i recognize is u can't touch this.

god i hate typing u instead of you. it's everything i stand against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom