Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #451
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I need some kind of "HEY I'M NEARLY LEGALLY BLIND" sign so that people will offer me their spot.

In Brisbane, it seemed nobody was very pushy, but in Sydney, bloody hell. This one dickhead kept trying to push his head between me and the guy beside me. He eventually made it to the rail in the encore. I was on the verge of violently pushing him away but then I was enjoying Trains too much to care ...
people got kinda pushy at the end of 12/4. partly when he was pulling people on stage, which i understand, and then when we came back into the ellipse people didn't wanna give us our spots back. probably the 2 girls in front of me thought i was trying to get in between them a few times, i tried to ask them if i could have a few moments to steady my elbow on the hand rail for pics but they kinda ignored me.

they were actually part of a pleban clique i think, i have no idea who they were now though. but they were with the ones who brought the flags i think. and may also have all had an "in" to get buzzed into the ellipse.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #452
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Wear dark glasses and carry a cane, then when people ask, just tell them that you "can hear perfectly fine, thank you very much, and I happen to enjoy the music too".
See, I'm getting an ID cane soon and thinking maybe it would be useful, but then I'm also thinking some people would say "hey you can't fucking see, why should you go up the front?"

Though it would also have other uses, like "accidentally" swinging it into the shins of pushy "I wanna be front row gimme front row" entitlement whores ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #453
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
In covered train stations I'd be better off with flash, but I just won't use it. And I still haven't figured out how to take good twilight and night shots.

At a concert, I'd probably use flash in some circumstances, but not when they're really close and it'll be right in their face. I think that's just rude.
I can't take good low-light shots... my camera's just not good enough. Maybe if I had a tripod and could keep it 100% still....
Old 05-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #454
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

I'm pretty sure you can. I've cited conversations I've had with scientists... although that was in first year. Give it a try and see what happens
if you have previously published your work in some way, you have to cite yourself. i agree that sucks. also if something was said in class but not in the readings, i never know what to do - cite the prof and the lecture date? i usually just consider it general knowledge for the class and leave it uncited. never had a problem with citations.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #455
Blue Crack Addict

ok so i get a blank white page with a search box and an enter button, and the thing that says "this is supposed to happen" whether i've just loaded the page or searched for something or clicked your links!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #456
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
also if something was said in class but not in the readings, i never know what to do - cite the prof and the lecture date?
We're explicitly told never to cite lectures. My favourite lecturer would always say "it's flattering but I'll mark you down". Basically, if it's covered in a lecture, you can guarantee a source out there says it.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #457
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT

Damn, I'm so far behind. Hi Bonnie! Bye Jen!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #458
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

See, I'm getting an ID cane soon and thinking maybe it would be useful, but then I'm also thinking some people would say "hey you can't fucking see, why should you go up the front?"

Though it would also have other uses, like "accidentally" swinging it into the shins of pushy "I wanna be front row gimme front row" entitlement whores ...

an ID cane - like one of the red and white striped ones? (well that's what they look like here) I guess I wouldn't think someone with the ability to say read interference forums would want/need one.

do you take pics of trains in part so you can see the detail?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #459
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:39 AM
Quote:

I've always wanted a cane just in case, so I always have a(nother) weapon handy. (I usually have at least one to hand at all times).

If people do say that, just tell them that you're partially deaf too and can only hear from the front, I guess.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #460
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

We're explicitly told never to cite lectures. My favourite lecturer would always say "it's flattering but I'll mark you down". Basically, if it's covered in a lecture, you can guarantee a source out there says it.
right i don't cite them. i do cite the course readings if i use them, whether it was in lecture or not, because if i read it, i feel i have to cite it.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #461
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

ok so i get a blank white page with a search box and an enter button, and the thing that says "this is supposed to happen" whether i've just loaded the page or searched for something or clicked your links!
Oooh, that's right, first time there you need to enter the code given on the old site. The word is "quack" (no quotation marks, of course).

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

lol it's even titled quack in the firefox header
Old 05-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #463
Blue Crack Addict

OMG ITS AWESOME i feel a little less of the desperate urge to download everything i can from my network

are they torrents? or some other form?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #464
Blue Crack Supplier

Caught up!

Fuck. 10.20pm and application still not done.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #465
Blue Crack Addict

(btw i'm currently downloading all of the bands wikipedia lists under post-rock, because i've decided i really like post-rock, plus a few others i've never really heard but i'm still getting half their catalog just in case i like them!

Tags
superthread