Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #436
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Munaf Rayani was right in front of me and his energy was just incredible. Made early eighties Bono look sluggish!

I could never push closer. I hated all the wankers in the audience at the Sydney PT concert who felt they had some divine right to be front row for at least one song.
yeah i don't like that either, i feel bad about it and didn't really do it, i did just squeeze into a hole or two when others vacated. often if i'm alone i can get away with people offering me a spot as i'm 5'2 and a cute girl, but my 6'11 bf was there. he did offer to put me on his shoulders

Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #437
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:35 AM
ok guys i need to haul arse, catch ya later !

Old 05-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #438
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:05 AM
Have a good one, Jen!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #439
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Google it. Basically, it has links to albums hosted on various upload sites. Plenty of stuff on there.
http://www.sordomusic.com/db/ i searched low level owl and nothing happened...how does it work?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #440
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
ok guys i need to haul arse, catch ya later !

thanks so much for the emails!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #441
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Later, Jen.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #442
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

yeah i don't like that either, i feel bad about it and didn't really do it, i did just squeeze into a hole or two when others vacated. often if i'm alone i can get away with people offering me a spot as i'm 5'2 and a cute girl, but my 6'11 bf was there. he did offer to put me on his shoulders
I need some kind of "HEY I'M NEARLY LEGALLY BLIND" sign so that people will offer me their spot.

In Brisbane, it seemed nobody was very pushy, but in Sydney, bloody hell. This one dickhead kept trying to push his head between me and the guy beside me. He eventually made it to the rail in the encore. I was on the verge of violently pushing him away but then I was enjoying Trains too much to care ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #443
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
they don't want lids cause then you can make it a heavy projectile to throw it at the band or audience or whatever. at the pocket thing, i woulda done that.

they don't liek you bringign in drinks b/c they are afraid you spiked them...and they want to make money off alcohol and hydration. but water is really a safety issue as you get hardheads like me that refuse to shell out for a $5 bottle and it gets hot and active. the red sox let you bring in water because of that. on hot summer days i bring in one that's mostly ice from being in the fridge.
Projectile thing makes sense. I still don't know who'd shell out $100 just to piff a bottle at Bono, though. (Mind you, there were a few drunk audience members I might have been tempted by...)

I'm pretty sure we have laws now about providing free water in night clubs, but I guess they don't apply to concerts or something.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #444
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:05 AM
Quote:

In covered train stations I'd be better off with flash, but I just won't use it. And I still haven't figured out how to take good twilight and night shots.

At a concert, I'd probably use flash in some circumstances, but not when they're really close and it'll be right in their face. I think that's just rude.
TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT
Old 05-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #445
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Man, it's so annoying how at uni, people seem to want you to cite a source for almost everything. Some of this stuff I just know from living in the area for bloody ages, people - I can't very well cite myself now, can I?
I'm pretty sure you can. I've cited conversations I've had with scientists... although that was in first year. Give it a try and see what happens
Old 05-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #446
Vocal parasite

Quote:

http://www.sordomusic.com/db/ i searched low level owl and nothing happened...how does it work?
I got results: http://www.sordomusic.com/db/search.php?q=Low+Level+Owl

Also, try this: http://www.sordomusic.com/db/search....Appleseed+Cast

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #447
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Projectile thing makes sense. I still don't know who'd shell out $100 just to piff a bottle at Bono, though. (Mind you, there were a few drunk audience members I might have been tempted by...)

I'm pretty sure we have laws now about providing free water in night clubs, but I guess they don't apply to concerts or something.
yeah bars have to give you tap water if you ask here, i think. it's smart anyway, they don't want your drunk ass puking all over their floor. but at a concert where i don't wanna move, or a baseball game, i'm both cheap and committed to seeing everything
Old 05-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #448
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I need some kind of "HEY I'M NEARLY LEGALLY BLIND" sign so that people will offer me their spot.

In Brisbane, it seemed nobody was very pushy, but in Sydney, bloody hell. This one dickhead kept trying to push his head between me and the guy beside me. He eventually made it to the rail in the encore. I was on the verge of violently pushing him away but then I was enjoying Trains too much to care ...
Wear dark glasses and carry a cane, then when people ask, just tell them that you "can hear perfectly fine, thank you very much, and I happen to enjoy the music too".
Old 05-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #449
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
can i own up to something - i once cited wikipedia.

YAY DEAKIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aah, but did you cite Wikipedia's citation?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #450
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

I'm pretty sure you can. I've cited conversations I've had with scientists... although that was in first year. Give it a try and see what happens
Eh, I'm just gonna write it down and try to pass it off as "common knowledge", sorta thing.

Tags
superthread