Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

bono realized he couldn't criticize our world's leaders in a song and then pander for money to rid africa of debt :down:

talk about a cop out

What really bothered me I think, is that he acted like he was doing us a favor rewriting the song. I remember in interviews he acted like Native Son wasn't very good. When I finally heard it, I felt like U2 cheated me somehow.

phanan said:
:hi5:

Not anything big, really. Just most of the original studio version, with the end of the single version edited in.

Works much better than either version alone.
i just got to that part :drool: veeeeeeeery nice segue :up: i think i've found my new favourite version :sexywink:

Phanan, that was better than i remembered

Screwtype, I got a 45 single of that Funk version of the Star Wars theme. I thought that was something someone made on a computer, I had no idea it was real! :lmao:

bono_212 said:
What really bothered me I think, is that he acted like he was doing us a favor rewriting the song. I remember in interviews he acted like Native Son wasn't very good. When I finally heard it, I felt like U2 cheated me somehow.
exactly. like i said before, i miss political U2. occasionally, they might sneak a political line in here and there, but it's not the same. they don't write stuff like btbs anymore. and yet, the world's just as fucked up (maybe even more so) than it was back then. it's not like it's all butterflies and unicorns now :shrug:

even if you want to be an isolationist (wtf i forgot how to spell isolation) and just think about the u.s., we're pretty fucked up now. he could write a whole album about us. hell, plenty of other artists have.

Screwtape2 said:
I'm listening to the Star Wars soundtracks. What they are missing are tracks of Billy Dee Williams just speaking. :wink:

I used to work with this guy, and his friend in Boston was a professional DJ. He called himself DJ Maul or something, and he used to make these mixes of Star Wars themes. Not a remix of the original Star Wars music, but dance/techno versions of them. He made a CD and gave a copy to this guy, who in turn burned me a copy. It's awesome.

I'm gonna have to dig that up. :hmm:

phanan said:
I used to work with this guy, and his friend in Boston was a professional DJ. He called himself DJ Maul or something, and he used to make these mixes of Star Wars themes. Not a remix of the original Star Wars music, but dance/techno versions of them. He made a CD and gave a copy to this guy, who in turn burned me a copy. It's awesome.

I'm gonna have to dig that up. :hmm:
:lmao:

KhanadaRhodes said:

exactly. like i said before, i miss political U2. occasionally, they might sneak a political line in here and there, but it's not the same. they don't write stuff like btbs anymore. and yet, the world's just as fucked up (maybe even more so) than it was back then. it's not like it's all butterflies and unicorns now :shrug:

even if you want to be an isolationist (wtf i forgot how to spell isolation) and just think about the u.s., we're pretty fucked up now. he could write a whole album about us. hell, plenty of other artists have.

I'm tired of hearing music hating on America because, I AM proud of where I live. I'm not proud of the people running it, but I Think people tend to forget that we are people too just like the rest of the world, and hating on us all the time isn't going to change anything, but that's just my .02

That being said, I really really really wish U2 would acknowledge the fact that the world does currently suck right now, and sing about it. Stop writing sappy crap :mad:
*continues listening to Electrical Storm*

bono_212 said:
I'm tired of hearing music hating on America because, I AM proud of where I live. I'm not proud of the people running it, but I Think people tend to forget that we are people too just like the rest of the world, and hating on us all the time isn't going to change anything, but that's just my .02

That being said, I really really really wish U2 would acknowledge the fact that the world does currently suck right now, and sing about it. Stop writing sappy crap :mad:
*continues listening to Electrical Storm*
oh no, i agree. i just think that there's too many apathetic people out there who'd rather sit there and do nothing about it. maybe if U2 got all political again, it would at least make them aware of these issues. not necessarily america's issues, but things like darfur, etc. sure, young people have been turning out in droves to vote in the primaries, but still, i'm an optimist. if 80% of people vote, i think, how could we get 90% to vote. it'd be fantastic if every american voted. not because we forced them to, but because they wanted to. i don't care if they voted for the person i hated, they'd be doing their duty as an american citizen.

phanan said:
Found it. Oh man. It uses excerpts from the movies, too.

I might actually have to use this in the next Desert Island. After all, it's his own work, and he released it himself.

:lol:
:lol: that sounds...interesting. the closest thing i have to anything like that is...a dance song, slowed down with star wars sounds sampled over it :huh:

it's an official remix too!

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: that sounds...interesting. the closest thing i have to anything like that is...a dance song, slowed down with star wars sounds sampled over it :huh:

it's an official remix too!

I'm gonna have to upload one of the songs just for the hell of it - it's too cool to pass up.

LMP will get a kick out of it when he stops by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom