Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #391
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I know that one trick bootleggers use is that they go to a gig with their girlfriend (or obviously do this themselves if they're female, but it seems extremely few women make bootleg recordings) and hide their taping gear in their girlfriend's bag at the bottom under tampons. Apparently it never fails as security won't touch the tampons.
lol

i've heard it works to put your camera in a bag below tampons. i like having a really tiny purse at concerts though, just room for wallet/keys/phone/ipod/camera.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:38 AM   #392
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen

neeeds to go AGAIN . SOOOON.
Surely we're nearing the end of its run at the Imax?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 07:38 AM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:34 AM
random Q here-

why oh god why are men obsessed with taking pictures of their penisises and sending them to people?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:39 AM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Well, it was kinda disguised in this little pouch thing I had round my neck... and I'd been told by people who went to earlier concerts that the security didn't care about little crappy cameras, which mine assuredly is.
yeah i just have a point and shoot, sometimes they don't check at all and mostly they don't care. and security's always inconsistent. obviously if you're GA you wnat to get through ASAP but for seats, you can always go try a different entrance.

all the time at red sox games they will either not even check my bag or care that i'm carying in a drink in a cup from a restaurant, OR get super anal about a previously opened water bottle - but then i just go to a different gate.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:40 AM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Surely we're nearing the end of its run at the Imax?

sunday may be a goer for me i am desperate to see it again !
Old 05-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

My mobile phone's camera is completely shithouse so I've never tried to use it at a gig.

Hey, did you ever post the set from your gig?

Yes, I KNOW how stereotypical this question is from me.
lol

i didn't. i honestly didn't recognize every song they played - i mean, i recognized them, but can't name them, i have trouble witht hat if songs don't have names. i know they played birth and death of the day and your hand in mine, i can ask my bf about it (woulda been better after it happened) and someday get you my phone audio.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #397
Blue Crack Addict

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/07/us...linton.html?hp

good news there ax: hillary's totally broke and while a loss in IN may have made her hang it up, she might still...

Old 05-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #398
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
But Ford's just awesome in general too...

Sorry, I grew up watching Star Wars and Indiana Jones, so he's kind of my childhood "superhero" idol. Stuff Luke Skywalker, Han Solo was where it was at!
Hey, I'm an 80s kid too I love Han Solo and Indy Jones...

but the older Mr Ford gets, the crappier his movies seem to become I really haven't seen anything with him in it for years.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #399
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
random Q here-

why oh god why are men obsessed with taking pictures of their penisises and sending them to people?
Funniest post ever on my friend's LiveJournal today:

So. I come home from work and check my gmail account. There's two emails with numbers in the subject and I open them, thinking they're spam or something.

They're not.

They are emails from Verizon Wireless informing me that I've been sent pictures from someone from their cell phone. I scroll down. The pictures are attached.

They are of a blondish looking guy, standing in front of a mirror in a bathroom (I think), holding his cell phone up to take a picture of his naked body. The other is of him, sitting/laying down and apparently trying to get a better shot of his, um, goods.

I crack up laughing. Because...yeah.

And I looked up the number, apparently it's from some guy in Ann Arbor. And one of the pictures shows his face. I don't know him, so I'm assuming they were sent to me on accident

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

So. I come home from work and check my gmail account. There's two emails with numbers in the subject and I open them, thinking they're spam or something.

They're not.

They are emails from Verizon Wireless informing me that I've been sent pictures from someone from their cell phone. I scroll down. The pictures are attached.

They are of a blondish looking guy, standing in front of a mirror in a bathroom (I think), holding his cell phone up to take a picture of his naked body. The other is of him, sitting/laying down and apparently trying to get a better shot of his, um, goods.

And I looked up the number, apparently it's from some guy in Ann Arbor. And one of the pictures shows his face. I don't know him, so I'm assuming they were sent to me on accident

Old 05-07-2008, 07:47 AM   #401
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/07/us...linton.html?hp

good news there ax: hillary's totally broke and while a loss in IN may have made her hang it up, she might still...

Fuckin' awesome. Hopefully she at least sees it's for the good of the party to give up.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Hey, I'm an 80s kid too I love Han Solo and Indy Jones...

but the older Mr Ford gets, the crappier his movies seem to become I really haven't seen anything with him in it for years.
Yeah, for me it's Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Air Force One, Blade Runner and sometimes the Tom Clancy film, whichever it was (Patriot Games I think?). Most of his other stuff is sadly a bit meh.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #403
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

lol

i didn't. i honestly didn't recognize every song they played - i mean, i recognized them, but can't name them, i have trouble witht hat if songs don't have names. i know they played birth and death of the day and your hand in mine, i can ask my bf about it (woulda been better after it happened) and someday get you my phone audio.
I wasn't able to record the set at the show I saw, but afterwards I looked it up on last.fm and somebody posted the set there, so that's how I got it. Too many songs blurred together seamlessly for me to have a hope in hell of keeping the set.

We got Your Hand In Mine, it was fucking awesome. First Breath After Coma opened; best concert opener I've ever heard.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #404
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

They're not.

coincidence that jen commented on that jsut now...what was the source of your comment jen?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:50 AM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I wasn't able to record the set at the show I saw, but afterwards I looked it up on last.fm and somebody posted the set there, so that's how I got it. Too many songs blurred together seamlessly for me to have a hope in hell of keeping the set.

We got Your Hand In Mine, it was fucking awesome. First Breath After Coma opened; best concert opener I've ever heard.
yeah, they do blur really well

we got first breath. but not as the opener i don't think.

it was really fantastic, and a great thing to do with my bf, but while i wanted to follow your lead and go front row, he wanted to get there after the opener.

(we still got there in time for the guy...he was painfully awful)

i wish we'd been closer, i could barely see them even on my toes as i'm super short and we were a bit back. at one point my 6'1 boyfriend had to tell me not to bother to stand on my toes; they were all sitting on the stage

Tags
superthread