Khan, Rajasthan, India Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the local Oxfam shop today to buy some Chrimbo Cards. Trying to be a good citizen, that sort of thing. . .
The ones they had looked really cheap and kind-of like someone had run them up on their home computer. I bought shiny ones with gold stuff on them instead :reject:

Hey Guys, quickly dropping in....

for those of you, probably nobody that care I managed an A row Seat for Coldplay Night I, and for Night III I managed to pull down a GA.....:phew:

One of Danny's mates got him a seated ticket for night one, but this morning was epic phail!

What the...fuck...

I KNOW! It's amazing. That could possibly be my actual favorite cartoon ever. I'm not sure. There are just so many great ones. But that one has stuck with me the longest. It scared me when I was little, and now it just flat out floors me when I'm older.

I listened to TVVSV twice. I absolutely love love love Good Sons and Longest Line

Good. :) Too bad nobody noticed Good Sons as the brilliant song it is when it was on my DI IV list. :sad:

Longest Line is on my VI or VII list (depending upon how many people do crap lists for VI--I wouldn't want to put my best list against the joke-lists).

I KNOW! It's amazing. That could possibly be my actual favorite cartoon ever. I'm not sure. There are just so many great ones. But that one has stuck with me the longest. It scared me when I was little, and now it just flat out floors me when I'm older.

I'm just very puzzled. I still have no idea what I just watched. I can only imagine was influenced the making of that cartoon.

It reminds me a bit of this, as far as sheer, unbridled absurdity is concerned:

Free Movies & Documentaries - Un chien andalou (1929)

But at least Duck Pimples has something of a plot. Andalou just has eyes being sliced open, ants crawling out of people's hands, and nuns on bicycles.

Well, it looks like I'll be selling my amp. I have three interested buyers. And I'll be buying my brother's amp and his guitar (as a backup).

You have to work this weekend? :down:

And hey, how good was that Crowdies gig on Tuesday!

It was superfantastico!! :applaud: Even though I didn't know all the songs it was great. The old guys can really rock out. :D

The funniest part was when the guy asked what he should name his baby. He was standing right next to me and clutching a mans hands. . . . I swear he was a little fruity. :ohmy:

I'm just very puzzled. I still have no idea what I just watched. I can only imagine was influenced the making of that cartoon.

It reminds me a bit of this, as far as sheer, unbridled absurdity is concerned:

Free Movies & Documentaries - Un chien andalou (1929)

But at least Duck Pimples has something of a plot. Andalou just has eyes being sliced open, ants crawling out of people's hands, and nuns on bicycles.

Oh God, I had to watch that in History of Film.

But that's what I'm saying. It is a surreal CARTOON FOR CHILDREN. I love it. It's over before you can ever truly understand what the fuck happened!

Good. :) Too bad nobody noticed Good Sons as the brilliant song it is when it was on my DI IV list. :sad:

Longest Line is on my VI or VII list (depending upon how many people do crap lists for VI--I wouldn't want to put my best list against the joke-lists).

I was only partially involved with DIIV. I know I had a list, but I had a lot of personal stuff happen, and I barely paid any attention to it.

Cool that both the songs I like on it will make DI lists though :D. they felt very 80s to me though, I'm kinda surprised you like them.

It was superfantastico!! :applaud: Even though I didn't know all the songs it was great. The old guys can really rock out. :D

The funniest part was when the guy asked what he should name his baby. He was standing right next to me and clutching a mans hands. . . . I swear he was a little fruity. :ohmy:

Yeah, they did five new, unreleased songs - I especially liked Isolation and Turn It Around, the two done earlier in the gig. TIA was that really intense one with the vivid green lighting.

:lol: I wish I'd been able to get the mic and request Recurring Dream, but our spot was sweet.

I loved how spontaneous the second encore was. On the printed set, they had just written "Fingers Of Love and whatever"! I never knew Neil could play drums ...

I'm trying to think of what I want to watch next in my trip down memory lane. There's the Robin Hood Bugs Bunny one, that used to be a favorite, or then there's Donald Duck in the Army. Or the one with bug and the goat. That was a weird one, and my tape always seemed to lose the tracking halfway through it :(.

I was only partially involved with DIIV. I know I had a list, but I had a lot of personal stuff happen, and I barely paid any attention to it.

Cool that both the songs I like on it will make DI lists though :D. they felt very 80s to me though, I'm kinda surprised you like them.

I think you'll be very shocked with my next "serious" list. Very different in every way from anything I've done before. Well except the flow, which is exceptional if I do say so myself. :wink: Lots of genres explored, lots of eras represented, lots of toe-tapping. Lots of joyfulness.

I think you'll be very shocked with my next "serious" list. Very different in every way from anything I've done before. Well except the flow, which is exceptional if I do say so myself. :wink: Lots of genres explored, lots of eras represented, lots of toe-tapping. Lots of joyfulness.

I'm really looking forward to it now :wink:

Oh God, I had to watch that in History of Film.

But that's what I'm saying. It is a surreal CARTOON FOR CHILDREN. I love it. It's over before you can ever truly understand what the fuck happened!

I liked Andalou, actually. It's certainly intriguing, if nothing else. Since it's a silent film, you can put any music you want behind it, and it plays as a really fucked up music video. Loves it.

I've been looking into adding more surrealism into my own cartoons, as you know. I've tried it once before, most notably in a Reefer Madness parody that was extremely dark. The kids were completely out of their minds for the entire episode, stealing cars and running down old people. Humorously enough, Screwtape praised that episode highly.

El-Mel! I need to know something right now:

What's Opera Doc. What do those words mean to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom