Khan, Rajasthan, India Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See you, cin! :wave:

Shit.

There's shoegaze in there, too, though. Anyway, I've said it before, but I mean it this time: I'll be lucky to get a D from you this time. Unless you bump me up due to flow.

Oh wow. Out of nowhere I feel like I'm gonna vomit.

:runstowashcloset/toilet/bathroom/whateverthefuckaussiescallit:

There's shoegaze in there, too, though. Anyway, I've said it before, but I mean it this time: I'll be lucky to get a D from you this time. Unless you bump me up due to flow.

Ooh, shoegaze.

But yeah, joyfulness? I need doom and death. RAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Ooh, shoegaze.

But yeah, joyfulness? I need doom and death. RAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

41W37XHZWYL._SS500_.jpg

:fuckyeah:

I liked Andalou, actually. It's certainly intriguing, if nothing else. Since it's a silent film, you can put any music you want behind it, and it plays as a really fucked up music video. Loves it.

I've been looking into adding more surrealism into my own cartoons, as you know. I've tried it once before, most notably in a Reefer Madness parody that was extremely dark. The kids were completely out of their minds for the entire episode, stealing cars and running down old people. Humorously enough, Screwtape praised that episode highly.

Yeah, it was weird, and not really all that bad. But I remember just feeling really odd watching it in a class of 60 people.

I'll have to check that one out, but I think I've misplaced the link to your cartoons now that it's not in your sig.

Yeah, it was weird, and not really all that bad. But I remember just feeling really odd watching it in a class of 60 people.

I'll have to check that one out, but I think I've misplaced the link to your cartoons now that it's not in your sig.

Scared the fuck out of me at first, but after watching it with some Tom Waits playing, it took on a new meeting. The eyeball-slicing part is creepiest because there's no context of any kind. It's like, what the fuck are they doing that for?

The Official Cletus And Drew Webpage

Episode 66 - "Splenda Psychosis"

Back. :wave:

Thought I'd reply to this, just looking on what I've missed:

This this it? Hollywood Daffy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm a huge Daffy Duck fan. This cartoon may be my favorite: The Great Piggy Bank Robbery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The animation is mindblowing, especially for the time.

Wow, I didn't know you liked Looney Tunes that much. Great pick, Robert Clampett was a genius. I don't know about "for the time", though - I don't think animation has been surpassed since the forties!

YouTube - What's Opera Doc?

Sometimes I forget how much my love of cartoons borders on obsession. Nights like tonight make me happy to remember :lol:

I'm surprised Warner haven't taken that video down. I uploaded Porky in Egypt (Brilliant Clampett cartoon from the 30's, clear inspiration to John Kricfalusi and all Nickelodeon stuff after Ren and Stimpy) and they shut it down after a week or so, even though it's in the public domain.

Scared the fuck out of me at first, but after watching it with some Tom Waits playing, it took on a new meeting. The eyeball-slicing part is creepiest because there's no context of any kind. It's like, what the fuck are they doing that for?

The Official Cletus And Drew Webpage

Episode 66 - "Splenda Psychosis"

I wanna do that now, watch it with some music.

Thank ye much.

I'm surprised Warner haven't taken that video down. I uploaded Porky in Egypt (Brilliant Clampett cartoon from the 30's, clear inspiration to John Kricfalusi and all Nickelodeon stuff after Ren and Stimpy) and they shut it down after a week or so, even though it's in the public domain.

Every Looney Tunes cartoon I've wanted to watch tonight has been on there! I was shocked. Even some reallly obscure stuff I was looking for a couple weeks ago was there.

Wow, I didn't know you liked Looney Tunes that much. Great pick, Robert Clampett was a genius. I don't know about "for the time", though - I don't think animation has been surpassed since the forties!

Ha, well, I wasn't sure if it was just personal taste that led me to say it was mindblowing, as Pixar (who I have a deep respect for, as they've advanced animation in ways that I did not previously believe possible) is certainly miles ahead technically, and Looney Tunes utilized the same techniques that artists have been using for years. There's just something extremely appealing about the look of the characters. I'm fascinated by expression, and how the most minor raise of the eyebrow can make such a difference; it's the part that I focus on with my own cartoons.

I think I know every Looney Tunes episode where a Peter Lorre caricature appears... must have a nearly complete list, anyway.

I won't say that I like him on the level you do, but I've never met anyone else that even knows his name, let alone how amazing he is.

I've returned. But my tummy is aggrivated still. I got through a chapter in The Silmarillion though.

Right mel, now that I've finished watching all those cartoons nearest and dearest to my heart, I'm watching the great Piggy Bank Robbery. I remember this being a favorite when I was little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom