Kevin Spacey is "finished with acting"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Oscar winner KEVIN SPACEY has officially quit his acting career, to concentrate on his position as boss of a London theatre. The star insists he is sick of the Hollywood system and has enjoyed more than enough acting success. Spacey - artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre - says, "I don't care about my personal acting career anymore. I'm done with it. After 10 years of making movies and going better than I ever could have imagined, I sort of had to ask myself: 'What am I supposed to do with all of this success that I have had?" "Am I just going to keep making movie after movie and be concerned with all of that 'Are you up, are you down, are you hot, are you not?', and I don't really care. "What I really care about is the remarkable experience of being able to be a part of bringing people together."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/spacey im finished with acting_1034158

Man, he's one of my favorite actors of all-time, but he does have a point. Where does he go from here? He seems really excited about his Old Vic job, I'm glad he has that.

He could go on talk shows and do impersonations of other actors like he did on "Inside the Actors Studio." I'd enjoy that very much.

He should host SNL again :drool:

He's kinda hinted at this for a while now hasn't he. I remember a 60 minutes (?) interview about his theater career and how much he hated making movies. He is one of my favorite actors :up:

kevinspaceyaschriswalkepk3.jpg

I'm captain of the.. Millenium Falcon... Chewie here, tells me, you're looking for passage to the... Alderaan system.

Ha... Fast, ship? You've, never heard, of, the Millenium... Falcon? It's, the ship, that made, the Kessel... Run in less than, 12... parsecs. She's... fast enough for you, Old Man.

corianderstem said:
He could go on talk shows and do impersonations of other actors like he did on "Inside the Actors Studio." I'd enjoy that very much.

I want him to do it to Will Ferrell doing his impression of James Lipton.

Last edited:
awww i'll be sad if he is in no more movies; he's an amazing actor. one of my faves for sure. but, he should do what makes him happy. I don't blame him for being sick of Hollywood.

LemonMacPhisto said:
kevinspaceyaschriswalkepk3.jpg

I'm captain of the.. Millenium Falcon... Chewie here, tells me, you're looking for passage to the... Alderaan system.

Ha... Fast, ship? You've, never heard, of, the Millenium... Falcon? It's, the ship, that made, the Kessel... Run in less than, 12... parsecs. She's... fast enough for you, Old Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8VGL15CyPg

Last edited:
I'm watching that same clip. :lol:

The Walken pacing took me forever to do, btw.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I'll believe it when I see it...

That was my same thought...actors have made similar announcements before...only to go on to make movies.

Hugh Grant anyone?

Aaaaaanyway, Kevin Spacey is awesome, I wish him luck in whatever he does :up:

A terrible loss for his fans and movie-buffs alike, but I'm terribly happy for him. Nice to see him doing what he's truly passionate about.

I thought Kevin Spacey quit his acting career around the time K-PAX came out.

Returns wasn't that bad, but it wasn't anything to rave about either. Just a pile of meh :shrug:

I do love Bryan Singer's "we're going to do all 'Wrath of Khan' on the sequel" quote though. :drool:

Canadiens1160 said:
Speaking of Jeff Bridges, isn't he awesome? :love:

Man, he was fucking Starman, man.

starman.jpg

"We make baby tonight ... Jenny Hayden."

I love that movie so much. It's buckets full of awesome.

corianderstem said:
"We make baby tonight ... Jenny Hayden."

I love that movie so much. It's buckets full of awesome.

And it's a John Carpenter movie, guys :up:

I think he should star in some low budget indie thing with a mindblowing script and performace for little to no cash, just so he can end his career on a high note instead of a stinker. Then go back to his theater in peace.

Man, it's been years since I've seen Starman. I need to toss that into my Netflix queue to see it again.

In the diner, the look on his face at his first bite of Dutch Apple Pie. :lol:

So many little funny moments, but not really a "funny" movie per se.

"Let the children use it, let the children lose it, let all the children boogie..."

:whistle:

One Spacey flick I need to see: Glengarry Glen Ross.

He just finished a movie that filmed partially in Boston (with Kate Bosworth), it's about MIT students who mastered card counting and made millions in Vegas. The title now is 21, it should be out late this year or early next year.

Canadiens1160 said:
I thought Kevin Spacey quit his acting career around the time K-PAX came out.

Zing!

seriously, he'll "retire" for a while get bored and have a comeback when that certian special blockbuster comes along, or mabye a series of awfull animated kids movies... :hmm:

And for the record, I personally believe one of Spacey's best roles was in the Ref...

You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas, Mom? A big wooden cross, so that every time you feel unappreciated for your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it.

priceless :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom