Kevin Costner's "The Postman"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Ummmmm......

Well......

What can I say.....

I just watched three hours of ... um .... this .... ahhh .... 'movie'?

I guess I now understand what happened to Kevin's career?

Can someone (anybody) please help me understand what I just watched?

Sincerely,

Confused in Oregon.

The Postman is easily worse than Waterworld. At least Waterworld is campy and bizzare enough to watch without throwing up.

The Postman is just painful through and through.

The height of 'bad movie making' has to be the completely irrelevant scene in which the boy runs out to hand the Postman his mail and the final scene when the little boy (now grown up) sheds a tear and says, "that boy is me...".

As if that is not bad enough, the director doesn't feel that the audience is smart enough to make the connection, so (s)he flashes back to the scene.

Dalton said:
The height of 'bad movie making' has to be the completely irrelevant scene in which the boy runs out to hand the Postman his mail and the final scene when the little boy (now grown up) sheds a tear and says, "that boy is me...".

and in the sequel

Tom Hanks (You've got Mail) is his great, great, great, great, grandson/ or is it grandpa?

I thought You've Got Mail was Sleepless in Seattle Part II?

The Postman... yeah... stick to baseball movies Kevin Costner.

I actually started watching Field of Dreams yesterday, and after about 30 minutes it struck me that all of the acting was just awful. Ray Liotta and the little girl were ok, but Costner, his wife, her mother and family, the people at the feed store and the other ball players were all just awful - especially the wife. I still want to finish it, cause I remember really enjoying it, but wow....it's bad. :sad:

I just remember the wife as the obnoxious chick John Candy's ga-ga for in Uncle Buck.

Beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

Umm people what about Dances With Wolves. One of my favorite films of all time!!!!!!!!!!

LemonMacPhisto said:

Don't make me go Lo Pan on your ass.

You were probably to young to remember the film, now I understand why you thought it was boring. Stop watching crap like Date Movie or Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan and watch quality movies like Dances With Wolves.

I've yet to see The Postman...my Mom loves it (she loves Costner) and is continually hounding me to watch it. So far I've resisted.

I generally like Kevin Costner. I loved Waterworld...I honestly think Waterworld got so widely trashed by everyone that it's actually an underrated film. I mean, c'mon, even if Kevin with gills doesn't do it for you...you've got Dennis Hopper! I also love For Love of the Game and A Perfect World, and if you haven't seen it go out & dig up No Way Out, great stuff. Though isn't Kevin Costner just Dennis Quaid with more hype? I actually think Quaid is the better actor, frankly.

Oh and I agree Justin, that Dances With Wolves is excellent...but it's not a very nice movie. As good as it is, watching it just feels shitty to me, and I have no desire to ever see it again. It's kind of the way I felt after watching American History X.

Dances With Wolves is one of the most overrated films in history. Best Picture? Give me a fucking break.

I mean, it's still a good film, but c'mon.

Lancemc said:
Dances With Wolves is one of the most overrated films in history. Best Picture? Give me a fucking break.

I mean, it's still a good film, but c'mon.

Just for that Two Sock (the wolf in the movie) is gonna bite u in the ASS. :ohmy: cause you said it was over rated.

Justin24 said:

You were probably to young to remember the film, now I understand why you thought it was boring. Stop watching crap like Date Movie or Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan and watch quality movies like Dances With Wolves.

This would work but Khan's 8 years older than Dances With Wolves. It also doesn't suck. :wink:

And is too young one year ago?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom