Kevin Cadogan of Third Eye Blind...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
I just downloaded Kevin Cadogan's song "Badass Beautiful" from his web site. I like it and recommend it to ya'll. Musically it is all I would hope for from him as a guitarist. He has a decent voice. The lyrics are interesting (I don't like it, but I don't hate it but thats the same I feel about Third Eye Blind lyrics). The words "You're badass beautiful," sounds funny/ goofy but has its charm... I think I'll tell someone that they're badass beautiful... This sounds like a great pop song for radio/ MTV but then the word ass, i dunno.

Its a shame Third Eye Blind got rid of him. To me, he was what made that band worth listening to.

The song "Chill" is good to.

At www.kevincadogan.com if you want to listen.

I downloaded Third Eye Blind's new song, "Blinded (When I See You). The sort of new guitarist has chops (which I guess was his plus side compared Cadogan) and the song is catchy especially the chorus. I loved Blue. Wow, I'm surprised that I might get this album... Since no one cares about Cadogan, any impressions on Third Eye Blind?

i hate third eye blind. used to like them, i felt like they got kind of sucky, but maybe they always were like that :shrug: my music taste has evolved a bit since i started listening to music other than the beatles. third eye blind was one of the first non-oldeis-station-fare bands that i really got into (along with everclear and barenaked ladies and chumbawumba, and i don't care if i'm incriminating myself by revealing this, i'm not embarrased)

i might go check out cadogan's song...now i'm kind of curious

Third Eye Blind isn't like a favorite band for me, but Blue, IMO, was a wonderful record. I didn't like their first record much, though I think Semi-charmed Life is a fantatic pop song (too bad it was overplayed). I think Jenkins is a mediocre vocalist and I think their lyrics are generally goofy sometimes (heck some of the lyrics of their songs just really bring down the songs for me. Sonically, I love their style (IMO lot of it comes from U2). But Blue had a lot of charm, and the amount of sex talk infused into the album made it more charming ("Blue"). I just got into their 2nd album mostly because of the guitar stuff in it. Although, it tends to get repetitive (guitar wise), Cadogan does fun stuff.

Third Eye Blind has always had potential to me, but unfortunately they don't have the indie-cred or consistent song writing tobe "great" to me.

Flying FuManchu said:

Third Eye Blind has always had potential to me, but unfortunately they don't have the indie-cred or consistent song writing tobe "great" to me.

sometimes that bothers me more than it would if the band actually sucked.

Back
Top Bottom