Kelly Osbourne Ditched from Record Label

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
from imdb.com...

Outspoken singer Kelly Osbourne has been silenced by her bosses - she's been dropped by her record company Epic. The 18-year-old daughter of Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, has reportedly been released from her contract after her debut album Shut Up sold fewer than 150,000 copies. A source tells American magazine Us Weekly, "Sharon is p***ed," explaining that Kelly's rocker dad Ozzy has been with Epic for more than 20 years. The timing was also a shock, adds the source, who explains, "Kelly was nearly done recording her second album when they pulled the plug."

I wonder if it was solely based on record sales or there were other reasons....:scratch:
:der:I thought her cover of Papa Don't Preach blew donkey balls. :der:

She was working on a second album already?? God...it seems like her first just came out...:der:

Well...I heard snippets of her album, and it really didn't seem all that great, in my opinion. I guess it's just not my type of music.

You know you're a no-talent hack when you get dropped and your Dad is Ozzy. Best news all week. Now if Lisa-Marie just does the same...

acty, I like that lisa marie memphis song. that being said, her last name got her the record deal.

as for kelly, poor sales AND poor voice. Someone should have taught her how to sing. or at least told her she sucks. kids, if this teaches you anything, it teaches you to NOT leave school.

sharky said:
acty, I like that lisa marie memphis song. that being said, her last name got her the record deal.

as for kelly, poor sales AND poor voice. Someone should have taught her how to sing. or at least told her she sucks. kids, if this teaches you anything, it teaches you to NOT leave school.

:up:

Stay in school kids. Otherwise you might get dropped by yer record label or voluntarily check yourself into rehab. School is cool!
And always remember: C's get degrees!

Indeed. D is for diploma.

Actually, I wonder which 150,000 people felt compelled to buy her album. No one I know owns it.

HeartlandGirl said:
Indeed. D is for diploma.

Actually, I wonder which 150,000 people felt compelled to buy her album. No one I know owns it.

Ozzy prolly bought `em all.

what I found funny is the son (can't remember his name) starting a record label or something. There are these scenes with him and this band, and they're totally being dicks to him and he's just smiling and you can tell the only thing they care about is that he's Ozzy's kid and they hope that the name will get them somewhere.

And the fact that he obviously no clue about music or running a label.

Sorry, but those kids are spoiled rotten, even for being kids of a rock star. I bet once this Ozzy hoopala dies down we won't hear from them again until one of them gets arrested as a druggie, and then if fifteen years we'll get the "behind the music" for the life of the Osbourne kids, and they'll blame mommy and daddy for giving them everything.

fuckin' 'ell as Noel G. would say.

Back
Top Bottom