kelly clarkson vs. thom yorke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well that's not much of a surprise. there's a reason clarkson has maintained her fame even though her american idol stint of initial fame ended a couple of years ago.

she has one of the very strongest voices in pop music these days. christina aguilera's is probably even more so, but that's the only one i can think of off hand.

She actually makes good pop songs, but they get overplayed to the max in my town.

The other American Idol-ers have been kind of lame.

Mashups always interest me, I think my favorite was a City of Blinding Lights+Clocks mashup.

Last edited:
I've been listening to Atoms for Peace nonstop all night.

thanks zoomers, just thanks.

Kelly Clarkson is one of my musical guilty pleasures, along with Nick Lachey. :reject: :reject:
I think she has a great voice. And "Breakaway" makes me cry.

Then again, "Fake Plastic Trees" has made me cry at times too. And we know it made Thom cry after he recorded the vocal...

LemonMacPhisto said:
Mashups always interest me, I think my favorite was a City of Blinding Lights+Clocks mashup.

No offense LemonMacP, but I just heard that "City of Blinding Clocks" mashup and it SUCKED! Wow, that was bad! And I like mashups, as well. But that one just sounded like those 2 songs were playing at the same time. Horrible, horrible.

Now the Radiohead vs. Marvin Gaye "Sexual High", now that is a GREAT mashup. And slightly less great, but still good, is the "Karma In The Life" Radiohead vs. Beatles.

One of the best ones, I think is the 50 Cent vs. Nine Inch Nails "Closer In Da Club". The rhythm of "Closer" matches PERFECTLY with 50 Cent's hit "In Da Club".

Last, but not least, I really like "Rapture Riders" Blondie vs. The Doors.

Of course, these are just my preferences and I'm sure someone else will disagree. But cest la vie.

P.S. Back to the thrust of this thread, I really liked the Kelly vs. Thom mashup. They did a really good job overlapping the vocals and making it poignant.

Last edited:
FitzChivalry said:

No offense LemonMacP, but I just heard that "City of Blinding Clocks" mashup and it SUCKED! Wow, that was bad! And I like mashups, as well. But that one just sounded like those 2 songs were playing at the same time. Horrible, horrible.

it's cool, no big.

But the greatest mashups I've heard are:

The Beastie Boys + Chic + Franz Ferdinand doing "(Triple) Freak Me Out"

and Adina Howard + Blur + The Chemical Brothers + U2 + Velvet Underground doing "Don't Hold Back (Sweet Jane)".

It's Galvanize's vocal part, with the guitar from Sweet Jane, and a sweet bit of ISHFWILF at the end.

:drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:

But the greatest mashups I've heard are:

. . . and Adina Howard + Blur + The Chemical Brothers + U2 + Velvet Underground doing "Don't Hold Back (Sweet Jane)".

:drool:

I just found it. OMG! LemonMacP, you are sooooo right! That mashup just KICKS ASS!!! Wow! It is SO good! It completely works from beginning to end. I'll have to try and dowload it somewhere.

:drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom