Keith Richards appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok as far as guitar playing goes, Keef is my biggest influence along with Edge and I find it is only fair to give him a thread all of his own, the man who could out riff a donkey and riff his way the hell outta of a box:wink:

Sympathy For The Devil:rockon:

I bring you Keith.......................

I :heart: Keef. Let me count the ways...

keith%20richards.jpg

keith_richards.jpg

keith_richards.jpg

430154.jpg

who.jpg

gp.jpg

:drool:

Flying FuManchu said:
He looked good back in the 60-70s... now he really does look like an "arthritic monkey."

In my opinion the arthritic monkey still kicks ass, but as a 100 per cent straight guy I'm proud to admit I'm attracted to young Keith in a very respectful yet totally non sexual way...................:wink:

Mmmmh, maybe.........................

More importantly:rockon:

KEITH ROCKS!!!!! :rockon: :bow:

He's the greatest!!!! One of my biggest idols!!!! Keith Richards is the human incarnation of the word cool!!!! No other guitar player came up with so many great guitar riffs like him, sure not many guitar players are in a band as long as him but still!!!! :D

Is anyone a fan of his solo stuff? I sure am! Me loves Struggle and Wicked As It Seems! :drool: I have watched the four dvds from the Forty Licks dvd a million times by now and I'm still amazed by how great he is. I love his voice too, the live version of Happy from Love You Live is great!!!! Agressive, dirty and rocking!!! :hyper: And in my opinion he still looks great! They'll be delivering a new album soon, can't wait for them new riffs and songs!!!!!! :up: :drool:

Thanks for the pics LMPA! :up:

Last edited:
I associate myself with the general sentiment in this thread.

"Didn't wanna be like my papa, workin for the man every night and day..."

TheBrazilianFly said:
KEITH ROCKS!!!!! :rockon: :bow:

He's the greatest!!!! One of my biggest idols!!!! Keith Richards is the human incarnation of the word cool!!!! No other guitar player came up with so many great guitar riffs like him, sure not many guitar players are in a band as long as him but still!!!! :D

Is anyone a fan of his solo stuff? I sure am! Me loves Struggle and Wicked As It Seems! :drool: I have watched the four dvds from the Forty Licks dvd a million times by now and I'm still amazed by how great he is. I love his voice too, the live version of Happy from Love You Live is great!!!! Agressive, dirty and rocking!!! :hyper: And in my opinion he still looks great! They'll be delivering a new album soon, can't wait for them new riffs and songs!!!!!! :up: :drool:

Thanks for the pics LMPA! :up:

No prob. ;)

I have both his solo albums, though I'm ashamed to say I don't listen to them nearly enough.

Has anyone read any bios of his? Crazy shit... :macdevil:

I'd like to know what everyones favorite riff of Keef is, I'd have to be obvious and say either Brown Sugar or Jumping Jack Flash although there are too many to mention, Don't Stop is also amazing imo.

I need his solo albums, I've recently only really got into The Stones 100 percent instead of having a couple of their more famous songs , Exile On Mainstreet is an amazing album:rockon:

Actually Let It Bleed, Beggars Banquet and Exile rock me baby:wink:

Tough to pick a favourite riff but Gimme Shelter is one of my personal favourites.

I think Happy is great as Brazilian Fly mentioned, though not so much for the riffing.

and Wild Horses makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck, both the Stones original and Gram Parson's version.

I have seen the Stones twice.

However, the best was seeing Keith in London on 17 December 1992. It was in a small hall where you could walk to the end, where the bar was and buy a beer. Then walk back to the stage (with beer in hand) and watch the show. A ticket was 15 pounds.

Here is a double exposure picture I took from the stage.

KRichards.bmp

One of my favorite bits of memorabilia I own is Keith’s t-shirt from the Steel Wheels Tour (when the true Stones were a five-piece band). The t-shirt is signed (sorry you cannot see it), the small picture at the bottom is of him wearing the t-shirt. The holes on the top of the t-shirt are caused by his guitar strap.

KRT-Shirt.bmp

Back
Top Bottom