Keeping up with the Kardashians...or something like that - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 11-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
New Yorker
Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Keeping up with the Kardashians...or something like that

WHO are these people and why in the world do they have a show?

Last night was the first time I'd ever actually stopped to take a look at the show and I have no idea who these people are or why they're supposedly "famous"

anyone else have a clue about these people?

Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
genius of compression
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 12:00 PM
Keeping up with the Kardashians will follow the life and adventures of the 26-year old model, actress and entrepreneur along with sisters Kourtney and Khloe, half sisters Kendall and Kylie, mom Kris and stepfather Bruce. The show is produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions with six episodes constituting the initial season.

Never heard of the show or the family.

neutral @
Old 11-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
love, blood, life

Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 09:00 AM
Lame show.

The dad (who is now deceased) was supposedly one of OJ Simpsons lawyers, or something.

The chick, has big ass fake boobs and wears entirely TOO much makeup and probably looks like crap without it.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
Bruce Jenner is the stepdad. I think Kim had a sex tape out with Ray who is Brandy's brother. Oh and she is friends with Paris Hilton. And that's why this family is probably famous.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 11:00 AM
I've watched a few episodes but honestly couldn't figure out why they gave her a show. her mom and sisters seem just as fake and concerned about fame. the first time I heard/read her name was when Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson were divorcing and I think Nick was linked with her. then the sex tape came and somehow now they have a show. It annoys me that all the names in the family start with a K
Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
the sextape wasn't any good.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
New Yorker
Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Originally posted by U2Girl416
It annoys me that all the names in the family start with a K

my name starts with a K
Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
Yes their father was Robert Kardashian, one of OJ's lawyers

Kim posed for Playboy, I saw that episode. She's famous for her butt too.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #10
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
Unfortunately I watch this one too but not religiously. The first time I saw it I wondered the same thing, Who are these people and why are they associated with Bruce Jenner????? Then I realized the name Kardashian links them to OJ's attorney. And all the "K" names was intriguing. I can't believe how slutty these girls are they make me sick so spoiled whiney with so much makeup and expecting all kinds of attention because of their name! I wouldn't be surprised if Paris Hilton didn't have something to do with them getting the show. I think if a celeb is in any kind of bad light in the press they immediately get counseled on coming out with a reality show to attempt to clear their name or what they did wrong to somehow make viewers think differently of them.

WHY do all the people from these family shows go to Vegas and they all luck out staying in the Playboy penthouse of the Palms hotel? I mean come on!!!

I heard about the sex tape scandal with Kim. All I can say is anyone especially someone in politics or the celebrity field is bound to be found out by the public if they put themselves on film so it's THEIR fault. But then for them to put themselves on a reality show like this allows them to MAKE money on their stupidity?!! That's not right.

This show is really stupid, even the episode when they helped a homeless man. They all whine and cry and show off their luxurious cars, clothes and lives. I lost respect for Bruce Jenner once I learned his connection to these "K" idiots. Kris, the wife, is stupid too! What's her talent other than riding on people's coattails like that of her husbands and daughters?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr........................This one is as bad as Bret Michaels (from band Poison) Rock of Love show.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier
All I needed to see was "Ryan Seacrest productions". No thanks.

Seacrest is one of the biggest tools I've ever had the displeasure to witness on television. For the sake of humanity, please get him off the airwaves.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #12
The fact that these skanky bitches and their famewhore mother are using their dead dad's famous last name and the fact that Kim is friends with Paris Hilton, to get their own stupid show... makes me wanna stick needles in my eyeballs!

Just when i thought reality TV couldn't get any lower, these useless idiots get their own show. And yeah, WTF is Bruce Jenner doing in all of this? I don't know much about him besides the fact that he was a great athlete, but he must not be much better than the rest of them. And his famewhore son, Brody Jenner is in a whole other league! Don't even get me started on that talentless piece of crap.

Ok, i should stop... i'm getting all worked up.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:36 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Canadiens1160

First thing that popped into my head as well...

Old 11-29-2007, 11:58 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:00 AM
I've watched parts of the show a few times out of complete boredom and I have to say that I think Kim is so butt ugly! Her sisters are a lot better looking than she is. I usually get through about 5-10 minutes of the show and have to turn it because the whole show is so fake. I know a lot of the stuff on all of these shows are staged but this one is the worst of all.

I don't get why they have a show other than it's the thing to do these days. They're not famous. The most famous person in the whole show is their stepdad is Bruce Jenner and he's really not all that famous anymore. Maybe if it was the mid 70''s a completely lame ass show. I hope this is the one and only season of it!

However....what I find even more painful to watch is the show that's on before this one on Sunday nights with Kimora Lee She's so obnoxious!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by Carek1230
Who are these people and why are they associated with Bruce Jenner?????
That made me laugh for some reason Carek

Poor Bruce Jenner thrown into a mix of crazy.