Keane Singer Treated For Addiction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
LONDON - British band Keane has postponed a planned U.S. tour while singer Tom Chaplin is treated for drug and alcohol addiction.

In a statement posted Tuesday on the band's Web site, Chaplin, 27, said he was "having to deal with an increasing problem with drink and drugs, and the time has come to get the professional help, I need to sort myself out."

"I feel desperately disappointed to be letting down our fans, but I want to get myself right now so that I can be back on the road for the rest of the year," Chaplin said.

The trio, whose melodic 2004 debut album "Hopes and Fears" made them international stars, said they were postponing an American tour due to start in Chicago on Sept. 7.

Keane had already canceled appearances in Ibiza, Edinburgh and Dublin, citing Chaplin's "exhaustion."

The band's second album, "Under the Iron Sea," entered the British album charts at No. 1 when it was released in June.

___

I had a feeling.

Didn't he also pull out of one of U2's opening acts? It's really sad. I hope he finds the help he needs. :(

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Why didn't you put this in B&C? :scratch:

I guess it's kind of a toss-up. Most gossip type stuff pertaining to celebrities (musicians included) goes here...but it could have also been all right in B&C, as it includes info about the tour being postponed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom