Keane Postpones US Dates and Cancels some shows in Europe! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2006, 07:08 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono

I have no sympathy for drug addicts. No one put a gun to his head the first time he took drugs - why make him out to be a hero now that he's going into rehab? He should have stopped the first time he took a drink and the first time he put the needle in his arm (or however he consumed his drugs).

Is there some unwritten law that says that rock stars HAVE to use drugs and drink themselves into oblivion??? I thought being a musician was all about MUSIC...not getting high!

Nevertheless, I wish him all the best and good luck.
You are a harsh one. Guess you've never fucked up in your life then, have you?

Old 08-24-2006, 07:28 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

You are a harsh one. Guess you've never fucked up in your life then, have you?
How do you define "fucking up"?

I define it like this:
Fucking up is accidentaly hitting someone with a car.
It's an entirely different thing to deliberately ram someone with intent to kill......

Putting a needle in your arm or snorting coke up your nose are willfull acts and have nothing to do with fucking up.

As for your question, yes I've fucked up in my life (like any human being) but I have never done anything to myself with the deliberate intent of causing myself harm. I have NEVER taken drugs and I have NEVER smoked a cigarette in all my 46 years.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:36 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

How do you define "fucking up"?

I define it like this:
Fucking up is accidentaly hitting someone with a car.
It's an entirely different thing to deliberately ram someone with intent to kill......

Putting a needle in your arm or snorting coke up your nose are willfull acts and have nothing to do with fucking up.

As for your question, yes I've fucked up in my life (like any human being) but I have never done anything to myself with the deliberate intent of causing myself harm. I have NEVER taken drugs and I have NEVER smoked a cigarette in all my 46 years.

Look no one is making him out to be a hero. We all admire his courage for taking the step now to make himself better and get to a place where he will have some control over these addictions. That is the goal of rehab.

Making the decision not to do drugs is not easy (its not as simple as saying no I won't do this) for someone who has a addictive personality. They are aware its wrong but their addiction/need for it overrides their logic.

Since you neither do drugs or drink than who are you to make judgement on this person and what he is going through.

I can tell you either we all here have either dealt with this problem ourselves or are close to someone who has been through this so we all know how difficult it is to make this step.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #19
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

Since you neither do drugs or drink than who are you to make judgement on this person and what he is going through.

I don't understand your statement. I don't have to stick my hand in the fire to know that I'll get burned, right?....what does my not drinking or smoking have anything to do with my saying that it's a bad thing?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I don't understand your statement. I don't have to stick my hand in the fire to know that I'll get burned, right?....what does my not drinking or smoking have anything to do with my saying that it's a bad thing?
We all know doing these things is wrong (a bad thing as you put it) and what the consequences are if we do them but what I said in my post is that for people who have these addictive behaviors/personalities which a lot of time are part of your dna make up, meaning that if your parents (or someone in your immediate family) were alcoholics/drug addicts then you are at high risk for these addictions.

Don't be so quick to judge someone on something that you don't seem to know much about is all I am saying. Everyone has a right to an opinion here but what you are saying is not so well-founded.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:15 PM   #21
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

We all know doing these things is wrong (a bad thing as you put it) and what the consequences are if we do them but what I said in my post is that for people who have these addictive behaviors/personalities which a lot of time are part of your dna make up, meaning that if your parents (or someone in your immediate family) were alcoholics/drug addicts then you are at high risk for these addictions.

Thank you for your explanation. You are right up to a point.

On the other hand, if your parents (or anyone else you know) were alcoholics/drug addicts then you SAW the destructive effect that their addiction had on them so you do everything in your power NOT to repeat their mistakes.

If I may stray off topic for a second, this is why I don't understand child abusers and killers (NOT that I am comparing Tom to them in any way) - they ask for leniency because THEY were abused as children, so what??? Someone should suffer because YOU were fucked up as a kid?? What kind of nonsense is that? It's like me punching YOU in the face because someone else pissed me off.........If you were abused as a child then you do everything you can to prevent someone else suffering the way you did......am I correct?
Old 08-24-2006, 03:45 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:19 AM
They've already rescheduled some of the postponed dates.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:58 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

looks like they are still playing the Virgin Festival on Sept. 23rd! woohoooo!!! I am going to see that...
Old 08-24-2006, 05:57 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

last guy i would of thought was on hard drugs , shouldnt be suprised really.