Keane Or Thom: Which Should I Choose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
I have an iTunes card, and can afford to buy either "Under The Iron Sea" or "The Eraser." Which should I choose?

Thank you for your help!

Under the Iron Sea is awesome.

I haven't heard the Eraser so I can't help you there.

Diane L said:
I have an iTunes card, and can afford to buy either "Under The Iron Sea" or "The Eraser." Which should I choose?

Thank you for your help!

Now that is quite a pickle.

If you're a big fan of Kid A/Amnesiac then go for The Eraser.

If you really dig Keane, then go for that one.

Neither will disappoint.

Re: Re: Keane Or Thom: Which Should I Choose?

LemonMacPhisto said:

If you're a big fan of Kid A/Amnesiac then go for The Eraser.

I'm not overly familiar with Keane, but I hear the new one is very good.

However, I can confirm that Thom's cd is great. As LMP says, If you like Kid A and Amnesiac, you'll like Eraser. It's stark, introspective (almost in a diary sense), and ultimately, very moving...it's also very dark and political in certain moments, but intoxicatingly so.

I haven't heard Keane's new one, but I HIGHLY doubt that they could make anything as provocative or beautiful as The Eraser.

keane blows.

the eraser anti-blows.

eraser... makes keane disappear under the iron sea if you know what i mean...

Go for Keane - Under The Iron Sea :yes:

An impressive piece of brilliant work, like all Keane fans, I'm proud of them because they didn't make Hopes & Fears II and they dared with something more experimental and complicated :drool:
Listen to "National Anthem" on Broken Toy !

(A lesson to the "Biggest band in the world, don't you think? ;) )

The Eraser is a quite short disc (just 9 songs) heavily influenced by Bjork's concept of electronica. Some songs are such a statements as Harrowdown Hill or Cymbal Rush, but others like Skip Divided are simply one of the worst and most annoying filler I've ever heard on an album :( A Subpar record, it has amazing moments, but the overall feeling is it's a quite empty record, I mean, keyboards, programming and Thom's voice all over the place, that's all :ohmy: Some songs could have have the potential of Bjork's Scatterheart, the most sublime piece of music she has ever written :heart: :heart: :heart: DAMN IT, THAT'S WHAT ERASER COULD HAVE BEEN !!!!, and don't forget I've Seen It All with Thom Yorke

Anyway Eraser is way better than the s*** that are Radiohead playing nowadays :(

I got The Eraser and am enjoying it greatly.

But if you like both, get both. That's what I'd do. :wink:

ponkine said:

Anyway Eraser is way better than the s*** that are Radiohead playing nowadays :(

Are you referring to HTTT or their newly debuted live songs? Either way, Radiohead are still pretty fantastic.

angelordevil said:
Harrowdown Hill :sad: :sad: :sad:

Keane might be hard-pressed to match that one.

I agree, that song has so much emotion and is the best Thom Yorke vocal since OK Computer.

Back
Top Bottom