Keane kinda sucks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind Keane. They're like Coldplay at Coldplay's rare honest, shining moments (see Yellow). Sure, Tom doesn't need to belt every chorus like he's trying to convince a guy not to jump off a bridge, but I don't understand people who say he has a limited range. He's got a much wider middle vocal range than most pop/rock singers today and he doesn't need to leapfrog into falsetto like our yodeling friend Chris.

Whoever the douchebag keyboard player is who bops around like a moron at the live shows is quite good at coming up with lines and hooks in the studio, and the drummer ain't bad. Saw them live and they carried a theatre crowd really well - reminded me of a mini ersatz U2.

I hate to say this but I have to... I can't stand this band... Specially after I saw them live. Before that I didn't mind them, I knew a couple of songs but they didn't caught my attention... But after their live show... Sorry... But I can't stand them...

annie_vox said:
I hate to say this but I have to... I can't stand this band... Specially after I saw them live. Before that I didn't mind them, I knew a couple of songs but they didn't caught my attention... But after their live show... Sorry... But I can't stand them...

This happened to me with Styx, so it's ok. :hug:

Zootlesque said:

Yes! :lol:

Everybody's Changing >>>>> Invincible

:| :| :|

Invincible's chorus is a rip-off of Everbody's Changing melody, that's true, but Invincible it's so much better... much more moving and beautiful, with an amazing guitar work by God Bellamy :drool: and an orgasmic solo. Everybody's changing isn't better in any possible way. IMO of course.

Everybody's Changing never was more than an ok song, Invincible was just my favourite song of 2006. I don't know if you have seen this song played live... I saw... and it's out of this world... I mean... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ienhU2senlc

Keane don't bug me at all, I love "Somewhere only we know" and I think IIAW is cool too... but I find them boring overall...

And I don't agree that WITS sounds like Keane... not even Keane could write an awful song like that one...

Last edited:
I have tickets to see them this month. I hope they don't suck. :)

I liked Hopes and Fears, but they went downhill with Under the Iron Sea.

MacPhistoPT said:

:| :| :|

Invincible's chorus is a rip-off of Everbody's Changing melody, that's true, but Invincible it's so much better... much more moving and beautiful, with an amazing guitar work by God Bellamy :drool: and an orgasmic solo. Everybody's changing isn't better in any possible way. IMO of course.

Everybody's Changing never was more than an ok song, Invincible was just my favourite song of 2006. I don't know if you have seen this song played live... I saw... and it's out of this world... I mean... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ienhU2senlc

Invincible is fucking awful......worst Muse song ever!1!!

together we're invincible :yuck:

Everybody's Changing is a good pop song, but the title sounds like a sex ed video supplied by Health Canada for fourth grade sex ed class.

:drool:

MacPhistoPT said:

Keane don't bug me at all, I love "Somewhere only we know" and I think IIAW is cool too... but I find them boring overall...

And I don't agree that WITS sounds like Keane... not even Keane could write an awful song like that one...

Concordo contigo (I agree with you):up:!

^^Portuguese people :D!! I'm portuguese too:wink:

Anyway please don't compare Keane and Muse or I may have a stroke... I know Invincible isn't great (live it was amazing specially the guitar part) but please... Not Keane...

^ :D

Well, looks like I'm the only Invincible fan around here...:(

And I agree with you annie, Muse and Keane shouldn't even be compared, those two bands live in totally different worlds. Keane are a bunch of nice guys who make decent pop songs, Muse are three amazing musicians :drool:

AtomicBono said:

and i LOVE the song Nothing in my Way. Seriously. if Keane existed for one reason, it was to write that song. most beautiful song I've heard in a long time. the melodies and harmonies and stuff going on there is just gorgeous.

for a lonely soul you're having such a nice time... :drool:

Hey, i noticed that line too! ithought:wow, so Morrissey - like and brilliant!

Canadiens1160 said:
Everybody's Changing is a good pop song, but the title sounds like a sex ed video supplied by Health Canada for fourth grade sex ed class.

:drool:

Is it true that if you don't use it, you lose it?

i'm late to this thread, but the title caught my eye.

there's no 'kinda' about it.

keane sucks.

keane is the same lame boring dudel music like coldplay, james blunt...omg i can't stand this kind of music.

Re: lame

zonelistener said:

Cowards hide behind alters. Even with two usernames here...I am not hiding anything. Everyone knows who zoney!/zonelistener is....as well as my other alters.

What do you have to hide, Chris Martin?
Rawr

click46jy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom