Keane (covered 'with or without you')

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celia

New Yorker
The lads from Keane are big U2 fans, and they did a cover of 'with or without you' today on Radio 2:

You can hear it at www.keane.at

Seeing them again in London in a few days and Can't wait! :up:

WOWY with piano... :drool:

great version :up:

one question: is the fatty singer KEANE... or is just a name?

I just discovered Keane recently....they are wonderful! This was a great surprise to find that they covered this song! :up:

I'm embarrassed to ask but they haven't really hit the US yet have they? I'm wondering if I was under a rock or I have a marginal excuse....:reject:

I had never heard Keane until today. We got a music update at work, so I'm hearing some unfamiliar stuff. I heard a song that was so great I had to run to the back room to find out the artist info...and it was Keane.

I must find out more. :drool:

This cover makes me appreciate Bono's voice even more. This guy has a very nice voice - technically cleaner than Bono's, but technically clean doesn't always work for rock music. It's incredible to hear how much more emotion Bono conveys.

Yeah Keane have only over the last few months made it big over in England, their album has been in the top 5 for ages and numebr 1 for quite a while.

They are a really good band I knew of them before they were well known so got to see them play in some really small venues and have met them a few times.

Yes the singer - Tom Chaplin is known for having a 'fat face' but I think he's lovely and sweet! Tim Rice-Oxley is the piano player who writes all the songs and Richard Huges is the Drummer!

The name Keane was taken from the name of the lady that used to look after Tom when he was little 'Cherry Keane'

I think this cover is beautiful, I do agree with the comment about Toms voice being much cleaner, and bonos voice makes the song, but its a nice version with the really pretty sounding keyboard.

Buy Hopes and Fears people if you haven't already :up:

wp-pepsismash1b.jpg

Tim - Richard - Tom

urgh, I really, really can't stand Keane, and this is not doing them any favours for me :/
not, of course, that my opinion matters in the slightest ;)

starsgoblue said:
I'm embarrassed to ask but they haven't really hit the US yet have they? I'm wondering if I was under a rock or I have a marginal excuse....:reject:
They toured a couple of months back, and from what I heard, it was well received. I know that they are on vh1 a lot, apparently....i've have friends randomly emailing me to ask about them.

If I hear that "everything is changing" song one more time, I will bludgeon someone or something. :mad:

But the WOWY cover isn't bad. :)

Back
Top Bottom