Keane Cancels Entire North American Tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
well folks.. and this doesn't surprise me since I thought it was too soon for Tom regarding the rescheduled dates.. and his battle with alcohol and drug addition..

KEANE CANCEL N.AMERICAN TOUR
08.09.06 | 04.05.pm
Keane have taken the difficult decision to cancel their North American tour, including the recently rescheduled dates.

Tom Chaplin is currently being treated for alcohol and drug addiction and will not return to the road until he, and the doctors handling his recovery, feel that he is ready to do so.

Tom's bandmate Tim Rice-Oxley said: "Obviously it's crucial that Tom is given the time to get better properly. With the first dates in America only a fortnight away, his doctors feel there is undue pressure on Tom to rush through rehab and get back out on the road. That's why, between the three of us, we've decided to cancel the North American tour. We'd like to apologise to the fans who've bought tickets, but we've done this in the best interests of our friend - which, ultimately, is in the best interests of the band too. At this stage we plan to go ahead with the tours of the UK and Europe in October and November. We'll be keeping in close touch with Tom and his doctors about how he's progressing and we'll keep you posted."

This means Keane's following US/Canadian shows are all cancelled.

SEPTEMBER
• Wed 13 - New York, Carnegie Hall
• Tue 19 - Montreal, St Denis Theatre
• Wed 20 - Toronto, Hummingbird Centre
• Sat 23 - Baltimore, V Fest
• Sun 24 - Boston, Bank of America Pavilion
• Mon 25 - Atlanta, Tabernacle
• Tue 26 - Upper Darby, Tower Theater
• Wed 27 - New York, Hammerstein Ballroom

OCTOBER
• Sun 1 - Vancouver, Orpheum Theater
• Mon 2 - Seattle, McCaw Hall
• Wed 4 - Portland, Schnitzer Concert Hall
• Sat 7 - LA, Greek Theatre
• Sun 8 - Berkeley, Greek Theatre

DECEMBER
• Mon 4 - Chicago, Auditorium
• Tue 5 - Detroit, State Theatre

Refunds will be available from the point of sale. Those who bought their tickets through The Shop on this website will be emailed directly with refund details.

I sure do wish Tom well.. get better!!!!!!!!!:hug:

Let me make it clear that I ABSOLUTELY do wish Mr. Chaplin the very best, as I have seen far too many people in his position and I know what he's going through. I hope that things go very well for him and that he emerges from this ordeal healthy, strong, capable, and sure of himself. Regardless of my feelings towards the band's music, my thoughts will do what they can to be with him.

But, at the same time, I can't let my dislike of the band go unmentioned. Here it is, then...

North America: Luckiest Continent in the World

He cannot write, he cannot sing
But that don't really matter
Cos he's an Ipswich Town Fan
And he can drive a Tractor.

haha...can't beat football humour.

Seriously...I love Keane and I really hope he sorts himself out.

I can't get past the fact that "Everybody's Changing" is the perfect backing music for one of those videos about puberty shown in schools. I also still don't know what to make of the Brett Easton Ellis/Irvine Welsh thing.

Ahhh man these guys are crashing and burning simultaniously with my other favourite British band, The Darkness, at the same time. My favourite bands of my freshman college year, all gone :sad:

Canadiens1160 said:
Ahhh man these guys are crashing and burning simultaniously with my other favourite British band, The Darkness, at the same time. My favourite bands of my freshman college year, all gone :sad:
What happened to The Darkness?

got_edge said:

What happened to The Darkness?

The lead singer Hawkins is in and out of rehab, and they're going to be dropped from their label it appears.

Many people made it a personal campaign to despise them, but I loved their live show and humorous wankery.

Canadiens1160 said:
The lead singer Hawkins is in and out of rehab, and they're going to be dropped from their label it appears.

Many people made it a personal campaign to despise them, but I loved their live show and humorous wankery.
GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF MY WOMAN, MOTHERFUCKEEEEEEER

And, yea. Keane. :bonodrum:

It's a shame that these guys can't control themselves. I suppose sometimes it's difficult w/ all of the fame and fortune.

Back
Top Bottom