Katy, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am really hungry, that pigeon is sounding more and more delicious. switzerland is after all ridiculously clean, i bet the pigeons are too!

Actually I think that was in Mexico City :shrug: Guadalajara is nice though, it's the second biggest city, and the architecture there is beautiful.

Check out the cathedral:

I bet it costs a fortune to get married in there. Oh, and you probably have to be Catholic.

Holy shit that is amazing. And yeah, you'd probably have to be the Pope to get married there... except he can't, haha.

I only know that from Silence of the Lambs quotes.
I'm reading the book right now. I was heartbroken to find that chianti is not in the original quote :sad:

The book:

"A census taker tried to quantify me once. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a big Amarone."

The movie:

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

Holy shit that is amazing. And yeah, you'd probably have to be the Pope to get married there... except he can't, haha.

Psh, Medieval Popes weren't so concerned with such trifling technicalities!

I'm reading the book right now. I was heartbroken to find that chianti is not in the original quote :sad:

The book:

"A census taker tried to quantify me once. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a big Amarone."

The movie:

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

Aw. In this case, I like the movie quote better.

Me too. But so far, as a whole, the movie was remarkably accurate to the book. Movies so rarely are, so when you come across an example (and in my case, I've usually seen the movie first), it stands out. Rosemary's Baby is another example.

Haven't seen that one... but yeah, it's rare for a film to be so faithful to the book.

spicy chocolate is delicious. i should have eaten my whole half of lindt mango chili dark before i left home, oh well, mom will enjoy it.

i had spicy chocolate gelato in venice once, it was to die for, but almost too spicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom