Katy, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go eat a pumpkin pie in the bath.

I fucking very welll willl...in order to deal with this fucking despair.

So I know I'm a little past the eczema discussion, but it was interesting to read that so many other people have it. :ohmy: I get it on my hands alll the time, since I was pretty young. It comes and goes.. I think probably come more often with stress. At one point when I was young and stupid it got SO bad because I scratched my fingers and hands until I made huge scabs. It was horrible. The best thing that works is a prescription cream called Fluocinonide. Best thing ever. My hands could be so itchy and fucked up and I just saturate them in the cream before bed and by morning its already gone again.

I scratch. I can't help it. It just hurts so bad. that's why I'm just so tired of TREATING IT. I wish there was something to make it go away. Especially something that'sNOT a cream

Well, TIB was the original album, and BDC was derived from it.

Yep.

Yeah I know But...I mean...Robert seems to acknowledge taht BC is better, so I'm surprised they bothered with te remaster of TIB.

:awesomeguesserisme:

It comes and goes.. I think probably come more often with stress.

Yep, apart from seasonal flare-ups, this has been my experience too. I ended up missing some high school back in grade 11 due to a particularly bad stress-related flare-up. It tends to be a good way for me to know I'm worrying too much about something, actually. :laugh:

Haven't tried Fluocinonide, though. I remember the first time I used Elidel cream, it was fucking magic and similarly made almost everything go away rapidly, but I fear my body's now gotten used to it, since it doesn't work so well and the doctor switched me to Elocon.

So I know I'm a little past the eczema discussion, but it was interesting to read that so many other people have it. :ohmy: I get it on my hands alll the time, since I was pretty young. It comes and goes.. I think probably come more often with stress. At one point when I was young and stupid it got SO bad because I scratched my fingers and hands until I made huge scabs. It was horrible. The best thing that works is a prescription cream called Fluocinonide. Best thing ever. My hands could be so itchy and fucked up and I just saturate them in the cream before bed and by morning its already gone again.
YES. i use this same cream. love it.

Wendell Gee really is a very dull song.

Hah.
I can't think of the word I need.

No good making fine distinctions!

I get the impression it was just some other video the band made for the song anyway. Without trains. How can you not have a railfan video for Driver 8? :tsk:

Day of the Triffids!! :yikes:

How do ice storms work, Chass? Is it rain that freezes, or snow that goes clear and drips, or what...?
The rain freezes as soon as it lands on anything. It's way more dangerous than snow. We had an ice storm Monday night/Tuesday morning. Then Tuesday night we lost power and had a snowstorm overnight. So everything was ice with snow on top of it.

:ohmy:

1. Automatic For The People
2. Murmur
3. Document

IMO.

1. Fables
2. Reckoning
3. Murmur
(May swap those above 3 soon.)
4. Life's Rich Pageant
5. Document
6. AFTP
7. Green
8. Monster
... I think. Maybe put Green above AFTP.

The rest I haven't played enough to properly rank. Not that keen on nineties/2000s REM on the whole, though.

there go the pigeons cooing again. i really have to fall asleep soon, i cannot do another mid afternooon into evening thing or i'll never make it through work monday

I scratch. I can't help it. It just hurts so bad. that's why I'm just so tired of TREATING IT. I wish there was something to make it go away. Especially something that'sNOT a cream

I know. It's SO hard not to scratch, but it feels SO GOOD to scratch it. lmao. Until your fingers start burning and bleeding clear fluid. :sad:

Yep, apart from seasonal flare-ups, this has been my experience too. I ended up missing some high school back in grade 11 due to a particularly bad stress-related flare-up. It tends to be a good way for me to know I'm worrying too much about something, actually. :laugh:

Haven't tried Fluocinonide, though. I remember the first time I used Elidel cream, it was fucking magic and similarly made almost everything go away rapidly, but I fear my body's now gotten used to it, since it doesn't work so well and the doctor switched me to Elocon.

I wonder if its genetic at all. I guess not since I dont know anyone in my family that has the same problem. :huh:

Fluocinonide has seriously saved me. You really dont even have to use that much of it depending on how bad the flare ups are of course.. but for me if I feel the itching coming on or see the little clear bubbles I immediately put some on and it seems to go away pretty quick.

YES. i use this same cream. love it.

:hi5:

The rain freezes as soon as it lands on anything. It's way more dangerous than snow. We had an ice storm Monday night/Tuesday morning. Then Tuesday night we lost power and had a snowstorm overnight. So everything was ice with snow on top of it.

Ye gods, sounds pretty horriffic. Must make driving impossible...!

Ah, yes, Arab, you are right.

Is World war as "diabolical" as Robert makes it sound? Napster doesn't have it, but I've been curious about it.

I know. It's SO hard not to scratch, but it feels SO GOOD to scratch it. lmao. Until your fingers start burning and bleeding clear fluid. :sad:

It's such a temporary relief to scratch. But God does it make me miserable later.

I wonder if its genetic at all. I guess not since I dont know anyone in my family that has the same problem. :huh:

Fluocinonide has seriously saved me. You really dont even have to use that much of it depending on how bad the flare ups are of course.. but for me if I feel the itching coming on or see the little clear bubbles I immediately put some on and it seems to go away pretty quick.

:hi5:
it is somewhat genetic, also in the same family as asthma and alergies (which is why some eczema is tied to alergies...mine flairs up with certain alergins like cat hair, but i love cats too much to pay attention to that)

For me, it is genetic - my father also has it, though not as bad as I do. Actually, mine was a non-issue during my early teenage years after a pretty hellish childhood, but I had a sudden flare-up when I was 15 or 16 and it's been a major issue since then.

I'm going to have to ask my doctor about this Fluocinonide. I've been using way too much Elocon of late.

it is somewhat genetic, also in the same family as asthma and alergies (which is why some eczema is tied to alergies...mine flairs up with certain alergins like cat hair, but i love cats too much to pay attention to that)

Wow I have never heard of it being tied to allergies.

Weird, no one in my family has it. I'm an outcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom