Kate Bush Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr
I've just started listening to Aerial and I think it's one of her best. She has the most angelic voice. Could you imagine if she did a duet with Bono? She would really put Mary J. Blige in her place.
I was shocked to see the list of appreciation threads and not find her there.

I'm not the only Kate Bush fan here, right?

There was a Kate Bush appreciation thread a while back so yes, there are KB fans! :wink:

I remember that me and Tiny dancer responded :yes:

Anyway, i've loved Kate ever since she came out with Wuthering heights :love:

Hounds of love's an amazing album&the new one's so great :heart:

It's an almost perfect album - and isn't it funny when you suddenly hear Rolf Harris going on about his painting?! :lol: :up:

I was listening to her duet with Peter Gabriel, "Don't Give Up" in the car on the way home from work today. I got to thinking about what a pity it is that she apparently isn't touring anymore. Can you imagine the ruckus it would cause if she announced a tour after all these years? I've never seen her live, and I'd give anything to go.

Kate Bush is a goddess :heart: :heart: I've loved her music for so long, since Wuthering Heights too.

I bought 'Aerial' soon after it's release, and I'm still loving it to bits! I must confess, it took a teeny while to truely grow on me, but now I consider it quite a masterpiece :) I luuuuuurve 'Nocturn' -sigh-

I would also give my right arm to see her in concert .. I'm not sure if it's ever going to happen, but it would be amazing!!

Bono's shades said:
I was listening to her duet with Peter Gabriel, "Don't Give Up" in the car on the way home from work today. I got to thinking about what a pity it is that she apparently isn't touring anymore. Can you imagine the ruckus it would cause if she announced a tour after all these years? I've never seen her live, and I'd give anything to go.

This is the only song I've ever heard her sing, to my knowledge, she has such a beautiful voice, I wish I knew more songs by her :sad:

I am a big fan also :up:

bono_212 said:

This is the only song I've ever heard her sing, to my knowledge, she has such a beautiful voice, I wish I knew more songs by her :sad:

You should get the compilation CD - 'The Whole Story' - bono_212. Or album wise I would say her best is Hounds of Love.

Kate bush is the best - way before her time and so different from everyone else.

After getting it a week or so back, The Sensual World is slowly but surely kicking in! Songs like Love And Anger (with David Gilmour on guitar), Heads We're Dancing and the title track of course are all so interesting and unique! :combust: So now I have this one album as well as the song Cloudbursting :love: that Tilli sent to me. :hug: I sooo wanna get Hounds Of Love but maybe I should wait until I get into more of Sensual World. :hmm:

Oh.. I forgot the gorgeous track, 'The Fog' and the bright and ambitious 'Reaching Out'.

But that song Deeper Understanding has dated quite a bit!

As the people here grow colder
I turn to my computer
And spend my evenings with it
Like a friend.
I was loading a new programme
I had ordered from a magazine:
"Are you lonely, are you lost?
This voice console is a must."
I press Execute.
"Hello, I know that you've been feeling tired.
I bring you love and deeper understanding.

:huh:

Although, the general message of turning to computers due to lack of human interaction or love couldn't be more relevant in these times.

:drool:

I've been listening to Kate Bush a lot lately, although I'm not exactly sure why. I love the fact that she is truly one of a kind, and her music videos are a genuine pleasure to watch. That "Wuthering Heights" dance is an absolute riot!

Back
Top Bottom