Kasabian: Self-Titled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
A deliciously underexposed band from the uk.

Their debut album takes streams from The Streets and Oasis, and aspires to spread the traditional rock palette to classical, electronic, and trance style beats. The tempo alone merits a listen, but the diversity found within the individual tracks should find appeal on a number of bases. I highly recommend taking a listen (thanks for the heads up, meeganie).

Standout tracks of the moment: Club Foot, I.D., U-Boat.

My One-Liner reference for their sound: The Doves on Meth.

Last edited:
Agreed.

:up:

I'm interested to hear other people's reactions, if they so indulge...

This album rocks the house!! I just discovered them a couple days ago and they've barely left my cd changer. They hold a lot of promise, and I hope there are plans for a domestic release in the US. They seem to be picking up steam in the UK, it would be nice if they could do the same in the US. Their sound is very fresh and has a warm feel to it. What strikes me the most about their sound is there are varying levels of texture within the songs, which in turn provides very lush soundscapes.

Listening to them I am reminded of the Manchester era. Kasabian sounds like they may have drew some influences from the Stone Roses and Happy Mondays, and the keys/organ melodies spotted throughout the record are reminiscent of early Charlatans.

adam's_mistress said:
Kasabian sounds like they may have drew some influences from the Stone Roses and Happy Mondays, and the keys/organ melodies spotted throughout the record are reminiscent of early Charlatans.

:up: That's what I thought when I first heard them.

Let's have more people listen and comment.

Rrrrrrrrrright...

wait for it...

NOW!

So I feel like a loser posting 3 times in a row in the same topic, but this time it's for good reason.

Do you want to hear the entire album? Well now you can streat the whole album titled "Together We Build" at This Website. Have a good listen, it's really good. Great find as usual Cujo!

I love "Running Battle" and "Processed Beats" has a really '60s-ish vocal melody. Club Foot is a great statement of intent at the beginning of the album too! Basically its one of the strongest debuts in years!

Finally picked up this album. What a great work of music we have here. If you haven't already, go out and buy this now!

I've even seen it listed on some "best of" lists....awesome!

bit late here... but ya it's been all i've been listening to lately... very addictive and reminds me of the earlier britpop stuff/"baggy" madchester sound? .... i would love to see them live!
current favs: test transmission, lost souls forever, processed beats, club foot, butcher blues, u-boat ...

I got the album a few days (or weeks, can't remember) ago, I really like it :up: is catchy and dancey...

The only thing I've heard from them so far is Club Foot, but I am seriously digging that track!!! :up: :yes: :dancing: If the rest of the album's that good, then I see a birthday present FROM me TO me coming up in March! :lol:

'Club Foot' is free on iTunes this week. Just got it tonight, it's good!

right, got this album exactly 1 week ago.
it is an instant classic.
every song is as fresh and original as the previous one, i find it hard to pick out my favourite, in fact, i cant.
this is even better than definetly maybe and stone roses.

I'm addicted to not only Club Foot, but now Reason Is Treason as main listens. The whole album had me at hello.

I have seen a lot of their stuff on tv, I have been almost tempted to get their album on a number of occasions now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom