Kardinia Park, Geelong, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, it's a decent time to be me when it comes to sports, I just have a hard time realizing this when the Cubs are doing so poorly.

I would definitely consider Era Extrana to be more chillwave than his fucking debut album, but I realize that I was apparently the only person in the whole world who didn't like that album.

So this is what it feels like... when doves cry.

(this was actually news to me, haha)

:heart: Memory Tapes. I just got a Washed Out shirt from the Sub Pop site and they sent me a few band stickers, MT included. No idea what I'm going to do with them but they're awesome.

Washed Out didn't have any shirts at his gig earlier this year ... or there were too many hipsters to fight through to get to the desk. Either way: :grumpy:

The Sad Punk said:
I don't think I've had an Inthistown avatar in nearly two years, but I'm honoured nonetheless!
I know, that was the most embarrassing part of the revelation to me, was knowing it had been ages since last you wore the visage of ITTT Bono.
The Sad Punk said:
So this is what it feels like... when doves cry.

(this was actually news to me, haha)

:heart: Memory Tapes. I just got a Washed Out shirt from the Sub Pop site and they sent me a few band stickers, MT included. No idea what I'm going to do with them but they're awesome.

You may have blocked this sorry knowledge from your memory. I was pretty vocal about it at the time :slant:

Just reading my journal from America last year, cos I'm planning on rewriting it, maybe send it to Lonely Planet or something.

There's some real good stuff in there, but it's pretty bigoted, discriminatory and offensive at times :lol:

I've met my first "but teh USSR was commies anbd the killed ,many pieple and dint liejk dissent and commienism is evil" argument in FYM.

There's some real good stuff in there, but it's pretty bigoted, discriminatory and offensive at times :lol:

All ingredients for a lulzy travelogue.

I've met my first "but teh USSR was commies anbd the killed ,many pieple and dint liejk dissent and commienism is evil" argument in FYM.

I read FYM less and less thanks almost entirely to Indy's craziness. Not worth the heightened blood pressure.

I read FYM less and less thanks almost entirely to Indy's craziness. Not worth the heightened blood pressure.

I would have to agree. I can't help but find it somewhat entertaining to "debate" a reactionary.

I enjoy political discussions with people who have their heads screwed on, but there are rarely more than a few of those in any politics forum. And the standard of political discourse in general is just unbearable in Australia ... far too many people who get their views straight from the tabloid media and take it for gospel.

Also, after doing that political test you linked to, I did the political compass again - I think it's funny how far left it places me on the political spectrum, because I really don't think I hold many extreme views.

I remember doing the political compass once again about a month ago, again, I'm drifting further to the southwest and I'm only about 2 blocks from the edge.

I've stayed pretty static for years now between -8 and -8.5 on both measures, so quite firmly in that southwestern corner. It's largely because for most questions, I select strongly (dis)agree rather than just (dis)agree; a function of the fact that for most questions, I am very well settled in my stance on the issue and see no reason to pussyfoot around the matter.

Yet I'm not a communist or anything. Socially, I just believe in leaving people alone to live their own lives, and politically I believe that the government exists to look after its citizens. Quite simple really, and not terribly radical!

Now if there were a religious measurement as part of the test, I would quite rightly show up as very strongly atheistic on that. That is probably the one big topic on which I hold views that some might find "radical".

Yet I'm not a communist or anything. Socially, I just believe in leaving people alone to live their own lives, and politically I believe that the government exists to look after its citizens. Quite simple really, and not terribly radical!

Mmmm, yeah. It's just so very often (actually, all the time), that the government abandons its duty to look after its citizens in favour of all this other crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom