Kardinia Park, Geelong, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently I'd heard Seek Magic once before? I don't remember, but I loved it this time.

I really loved Comforts of Madness too, though, so there's that.

Listening to Fade Out by Loop now...not even sure what to make of it.

Enjoying Seek Magic much more this time around.

I've got Heaven's End by Loop. I'd love to listen to it more but the sound quality is just horrible. I thought it was just shitty MP3s, but I downloaded another copy of Soundhead and it sounded the same. :shrug:

Somehow or another my weird music train ride tonight has taken me to Spine of God by Monster Magnet. This is absolutely terrible to my ears.

I've never listened to them. Stoner doom or something, right? They were meant to be doing a gig here with Russian Circles in support, but then they cancelled, which was a huge win for us as we got an extra Russian Circles headline gig instead - plus that's the show where I saw the band who gave Wezza Danny his current signature.

Pretty much, yeah, stoner doom. At first I definitely was digging it, and then it turned all death metally and just...no.

Pussy! :tongue:

Actually, I've barely listened to much metal lately, outside of some blackgaze, stoner, and post-metal stuff. Honestly, I think I've kind of turned into the person I would've hated when I was 18. It's not that I don't like it any more, since I still enjoy a lot of death and doom metal when I put it on, but I guess it's partly that I'm just not angry any more, or that I'm angry in a different way.

Of course, I still don't fit in anywhere, since when it comes to hipster world, I just don't care for Radiohead or The National or any of the really big shit like that. As always, I've come in through the back door. I look out of place at every gig I go to, except possibly some post-rock. :lol:

Finally getting around to M83's latest. I'm sorry Ashley, but I have to agree with a comment I saw on B&C, I think by iYup ... the album goes along quite well until Une Histoire, which is just cringeworthy.

Pussy! :tongue:

Actually, I've barely listened to much metal lately, outside of some blackgaze, stoner, and post-metal stuff. Honestly, I think I've kind of turned into the person I would've hated when I was 18. It's not that I don't like it any more, since I still enjoy a lot of death and doom metal when I put it on, but I guess it's partly that I'm just not angry any more, or that I'm angry in a different way.

Of course, I still don't fit in anywhere, since when it comes to hipster world, I just don't care for Radiohead or The National or any of the really big shit like that. As always, I've come in through the back door. I look out of place at every gig I go to, except possibly some post-rock. :lol:

It's good to have changing tastes, and I don't think anyone should ever feel that they have to like any certain bands. Hell, already tonight we've discussed how much I don't like Neon Indian lol.

Finally getting around to M83's latest. I'm sorry Ashley, but I have to agree with a comment I saw on B&C, I think by iYup ... the album goes along quite well until Une Histoire, which is just cringeworthy.

:(. It's such a purely fun song. Oh well.

I hope you liked the rest of the album, which is the best of the year, imo.

It's good to have changing tastes, and I don't think anyone should ever feel that they have to like any certain bands. Hell, already tonight we've discussed how much I don't like Neon Indian lol.

I feel like I've largely just expanded my tastes than moved on from anything ... except prog, which largely I find uninteresting now. I guess my problem for a lot of things is that I usually don't like the most popular/acclaimed examples of a genre, so I walk into any given discussion and spout off some heresy.

:(. It's such a purely fun song. Oh well.

I hope you liked the rest of the album, which is the best of the year, imo.

It's just an awkward child telling a silly story ... and I don't like children at the best of times.

I nearly finished the album before Charlotte got home and we went out to kick the footy around (didn't hear the last two songs). I enjoyed it, but it's too long. Need another listen to give a proper analysis though, since I was also working for most of the time I was listening.

I just had a hearty laugh at the image of you "kicking the footy".

:laugh: I've kicked straighter than Charlotte the last few times we've gone down to the park, believe it or not!

My ability to take a mark is obviously very, very compromised.

You could probably play for Adelaide though, they're such a shithouse team with a shit coach and shit players and why would anyone even bother with them.

I nearly finished the album before Charlotte got home and we went out to kick the footy around

I just had a hearty laugh at the image of you "kicking the footy".

Likewise.

lucy-football1.jpg

You could probably play for Adelaide though, they're such a shithouse team with a shit coach and shit players and why would anyone even bother with them.

VLAD GONNA KILL YOU.

Port just offered us both contracts, by the way. They say that if I kick a goal, I can be their captain.

I want to punch that brat in the face. An arrogant kid with a dreadfully dull game to boot.

I call it as I see it. He's the only one I have these sort of grudges against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom