Karaoke Contest tomorrow night! And I have a 1 in 6 chance...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
I made it to the finals singing Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline", so it's between me and five other people. The winner goes to Vegas for a pleasure trip (nothing related to a bigger contest).

Tomorrow night I'll find out if I won.

The problem is I haven't decided on the song. I've had two weeks to decide and I'm stuck. I'm thinking about Elvis Presley's "Suspicous Minds" or Orbison's "Pretty Woman".

Any advice?

I can pull off Pretty Woman's high notes (as falsetto), but most of my range is low.

Any ideas as for low range, upbeat songs...?

That's a brilliant achievement Dano. :applaud: Just making it that far is very admirable. Good luck in the final.
I don't have any advice except, head up, be confident, sing your heart out. I heard Elvis on the radio singing Suspicious Minds just a couple of days ago :heart:
!Wow! Vegas, a bunch of my internet buddies are meeting up there this week. I would love to be there **dream**
well done man, well done, sounds like a lot of fun :applaud: encore
:)

Hope it went ok!! My bf once won $200 for singing "I Will Always Love You" just like Whitney Houston and "Fallin" just like Alicia Keys. :lol:

Out of the 7 finalists I was 2nd.

Lots of people thought I was cheated out of the Vegas trip, but the guy who won had a beautiful voice. Of course there were four voting categories and I won 3 of them, so I'm still wondering how I didn't win.

I sang Otis Day and the Knights "Shout" and flubbed the first line, but made up for it by winning the crowd over and being a terrific performer. I admit that the song doesn't have lots of vocal range, and my voice wasn't the best of the night, but I did awesome and won a poker table...so it wasn't a complete loss. :)

That's for wondering how I did.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom