Karaoke and the sex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
WHY KARAOKE IS BETTER THAN SEX

- With Karaoke, you're always sure you can find someone worse than you are.

- You don't feel obligated to buy someone dinner for singing Karaoke with you.

- When you sing Karaoke, it's OK to have multiple partners.

- It's OK to sing Karaoke with your sister.

- With Karaoke, you never have to be sorry about forgetting your lines.

- It's OK to drink too much and sing Karaoke.

- With Karaoke, no one will complain about the size of your microphone.

- It's OK to sing Karaoke in front of your neighbors.

- You'll never feel uncomfortable knowing your parents still sing Karaoke.

- No one complains about a 3-minute Karaoke performance.

:angry:

d.

diamond said:
yeah carek, spill the beans..come on now..we're all ears..:wink:

:no: On the grounds that I could one day hold public office I cannot disclose what embarrassment went down. (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun) And there was NO video or photos taken, thus no incriminating evidence :sexywink:

Good times though.

corianderstem said:
Beware, all ye who give me a microphone. You will never get it back.

<--karaoke queen

Now I find *this* a bit of information, surprising..

<>

i've only done kareoke once.

and that was to "milkshake" by kelise or however you spell her name.

i could teach you, but i'll have to charge.

corianderstem said:
Once I start singing, it's difficult to get me to stop. :wink:

So, corian what are top 3 staple songs that you whip out and usually get favorable responses to?

Most karaoke hacks have 3-7 songs in their repritore.

I will tell you my 3 after you tell me yours.

:)
<>

Depends on where I'm singing - some of the places we go to have frustrating song lists. Let's see ... some of my favorites ...

Pat Benatar - Heartbreaker
Abba - The Winner Takes It All
kd lang - Miss Chatalaine

I found one place that had Olivia Newton-John's Xanadu, and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. More places need that song in their books.

I usually prefer upbeat stuff. Most slow songs I try and sing I feel really silly, like I'm one of those karaoke singers who takes it so damned seriously. (Although I never turn down the chance to sing an awesome Carpenters ballad.)

That's not me. I have no qualms about making a complete fool of myself ... as long as I sing well. I don't care if I look like a fool, but I care if I think I didn't sound so hot. I'm a Virgo and therefore a perfectionist. :wink:

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
I did karaoke last year sometime with some friends after some bevvies, zoom, and we did Creep. You'd have been amazed/horrified.

:up:

You'd have loved me, I once did "I'm so excited" by the Pointer Sisters. Elliot Goblet style :cute:

corianderstem said:
Depends on where I'm singing - some of the places we go to have frustrating song lists. Let's see ... some of my favorites ...

Pat Benatar - Heartbreaker
Abba - The Winner Takes It All
kd lang - Miss Chatalaine

I found one place that had Olivia Newton-John's Xanadu, and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. More places need that song in their books.

I usually prefer upbeat stuff. Most slow songs I try and sing I feel really silly, like I'm one of those karaoke singers who takes it so damned seriously. (Although I never turn down the chance to sing an awesome Carpenters ballad.)

That's not me. I have no qualms about making a complete fool of myself ... as long as I sing well. I don't care if I look like a fool, but I care if I think I didn't sound so hot. I'm a Virgo and therefore a perfectionist. :wink:

Interesting line up.

Have you tried "Hell Is For Children"?

<>

diamond said:
Interesting line up.

Have you tried "Hell Is For Children"?

No, I don't know that one all that well. I'd like to try "We Live For Love" sometime, though. And "All Fired Up."

corianderstem said:

No, I don't know that one all that well. I'd like to try "We Live For Love" sometime, though. And "All Fired Up."

I had a gal sit next to me the other night and sing it-she had it done perfectly until the end, where Pat starts screaming "Hell, hell is for..."but I loved how well she did with 4/5s of the song and overlooked the ending.

For those that may be curious, my stables are:

Nights and White Satin-Moody Blues
A Day in the Life-Beatles
Run-Snow Patrol
Dont Fear the Reaper-Blue Oyster Cult
Aqualung-Jethro Tull
White Room-Cream
You Look Wonderful Tonight-Eric Clapton
Rocking in the Free World-Neil Young

I usually get favorble glances, smiles, comments from the patrons.

Other songs I do ok with if the stars are aligned correctly:

Clocks
Warning Sign
Trouble

all by Coldplay

I wish my wife would learn to sing Stars go Blue or Candy Candy by Iggy Pop-so that we could duet together.

:(

<>

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It's been years since I've done karaoke and believe me, karaoke bars everywhere are thankful. :wink:

April-

Like many ppl, I think youre too hard on yourself.

<>

My absolutely favorite duet song to do, when I go out for karaoke with one particular female friend who is a FANTASTIC singer:

Enough Is Enough (No More Tears) - Donna Summer & Babs Streisand

:rockon:

diamond said:

I had a gal sit next to me the other night and sing it-she had it done perfectly until the end, where Pat starts screaming "Hell, hell is for..."but I loved how well she did with 4/5s of the song and overlooked the ending.

For those that may be curious, my stables are:

Nights and White Satin-Moody Blues
A Day in the Life-Beatles
Run-Snow Patrol
Dont Fear the Reaper-Blue Oyster Cult
Aqualung-Jethro Tull
White Room-Cream
You Look Wonderful Tonight-Eric Clapton
Rocking in the Free World-Neil Young

I usually get favorble glances, smiles, comments from the patrons.

Other songs I do ok with if the stars are aligned correctly:

Clocks
Warning Sign
Trouble

all by Coldplay

I wish my wife would learn to sing Stars go Blue or Candy Candy by Iggy Pop-so that we could duet together.

:(

<>

Wow. Mr Diamond, that's quite an impressive repertoire you've listed there :flirt: If your wife won't duet with you perhaps someone else might? :sexywink:

Carek1230 said:

Wow. Mr Diamond, that's quite an impressive repertoire you've listed there :flirt: If your wife won't duet with you perhaps someone else might? :sexywink:

deal:up:

she likes to dance.

you and I will sing.

and then dance at the end.

<>

Back
Top Bottom