Kapiti Coast, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No proper B-sides? Fuck off, U2.

I'm surprised. Essentially every other U2 lead single ever has had at least one proper b-side. Zooropa is a bit of a mess with regards to what you count. But otherwise, everything offered SOMETHING new.

Fail, U2.

Didn't U2 have like 60 odd songs from the NLOTH sessions.

It's for ANUTHAR ALBIM later this year!!!11!!11!1

:cue 2011:

Most active topic on WTAHNN: "So, d'you think the NLOTH follow-up will be released next year?"

It won't be an alternate version. That would require more time.

This shit makes me fucking sick.

No, there is an alternate version. There are a couple of magazine articles that mention there are two versions of NLOTH. The frustrating part is that, on the album, the atmospheric NLOTH was ditched for a rockin', Vertigoed NLOTH. Though I'd bet this b-side isn't the atmospheric version, but one of the remixes it's been reported that fucking Will.i.am worked on. Note the credits.

No, there is an alternate version. There are a couple of magazine articles that mention there are two versions of NLOTH. The frustrating part is that, on the album, the atmospheric NLOTH was ditched for a rockin', Vertigoed NLOTH. Though I'd bet this b-side isn't the atmospheric version, but one of the remixes it's been reported that fucking Will.i.am worked on. Note the credits.

It won't be released. That would require them to put out more than they need.

The good thing is, I won't even be buying the single!

I was going to, but not now. I'm not paying for this stuff twice, not when I plan on buying the box set.

Yep. It's U2, what do you expect, enough B-sides to fill four discs without resorting wholly to remixes by the third disc?

I see what you did there...and I laugh.

I was going to, but not now. I'm not paying for this stuff twice, not when I plan on buying the box set.

The single won't even be released in the US anyway, so you'd have to get an import.

What I don't get are the CD 1 and CD 2 versions. Both have GOYB and NLOTH, then CD 2 adds another version of GOYB. Why would you buy CD 1? At least in the past, the alternate CD versions have offered something the other doesn't have, i.e. Vertigo CD 1 had AYGWF and CD 2 had Neon Lights and some remix.

The single won't even be released in the US anyway, so you'd have to get an import.

What I don't get are the CD 1 and CD 2 versions. Both have GOYB and NLOTH, then CD 2 adds another version of GOYB. Why would you buy CD 1? At least in the past, the alternate CD versions have offered something the other doesn't have, i.e. Vertigo CD 1 had AYGWF and CD 2 had Neon Lights and some remix.

money, it's a crime
share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom