Kanye West's Mother Dies After Plastic Surgery - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2007, 05:56 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:10 PM
Charming...

Stories like this are scary stuff. How are people allowed to get away with this sort of thing?

Angela

Old 11-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 PM
there is a ton of articles on this doctor at tmz.com.... too many to post...

Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #18
War Child

Local Time: 11:10 PM
They say the Dr. was a drunk who'd been sued before

http://omg.yahoo.com/west-doctor-sou...ight/news/3980
Old 11-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterscotch
They say the Dr. was a drunk who'd been sued before

http://omg.yahoo.com/west-doctor-sou...ight/news/3980

amongst all the malpractice lawsuits against him.. the list just grows and grows... how this guy stayed in practice and the medical board letting him continue to let him is beyond me..

but hey.. it's frickin california so nothing is impossible.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:26 PM   #20
The Male

Local Time: 03:10 PM
DAMN. That's awful. Just prayed for Kanye and his family and wish them the best through this rough time.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:44 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Donda West's surgeon faced malpractice suits, records show

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The Beverly Hills plastic surgeon who operated on Kanye West's mother a day before she died is in trouble with the Medical Board of California over several DUI cases and has had judgments against him in at least two malpractice cases, according to legal documents filed in California.

Plastic surgeon Jan Adams, who operated on Kanye West's mother, has had at least two DUI convictions since 2003.

Dr. Jan Adams has "multiple convictions for alcohol-related offenses," medical board executive director David Thornton said in his complaint charging Adams with violating the Medical Practice Act.

Adams has at least two convictions since 2003, when the doctor was put on probation and ordered to complete an alcohol counseling program, according to the complaint.

The complaint, dated April 10, also cites the convictions as evidence for charges of unprofessional conduct and abuse of alcohol. It requests that the medical board revoke or suspend Adams' license.

Sources familiar with the investigation told CNN that a settlement was reached regarding Adams' most recent DUI, in 2006, and the type of disciplinary action he should face from the medical board. The settlement was sent to the board on November 2, the sources said, but it will likely take a month for the board to finish its work.

The sources also said the board probably will renew his license.

Adams' medical license expires on April 30, 2008.

Additionally, Adams has settled at least two malpractice suits, one for $250,000 and another for $217,000. Further details were not available.

Adams has not responded to requests for comment about the medical board complaint or the malpractice suits. After telling TMZ.com that Donda West's death was an unforeseen circumstance unrelated to the surgery he performed, Adams released a statement refusing further comment about the death.

TMZ.com, like CNN, is owned by Time Warner.

The Los Angeles County Coroner's office said that Adams performed surgery on West, 58, on Friday. She was found unresponsive and in respiratory arrest at her home the following day and was pronounced dead that evening after being rushed to a nearby hospital.

An autopsy on West's body was inconclusive pending the results of toxicology tests, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Coroner said Tuesday.

Adams is the host of Discovery Health's "Plastic Surgery: Before and After" and has appeared frequently on "Oprah" and other television shows. He is the author of two books, "Everything Women of Color Should Know About Cosmetic Surgery" and "Health, Wellness and Cosmetic Surgery for the Woman of Color, Volume 2."

He also sells several lines of skin care products through his company Carswell Products, and another, called "Rudalgo" -- Adams' middle name -- through his company JRA Nutridermaceuticals.

According to his Web site -- which has been taken down -- Adams graduated from Harvard university and the Ohio State University School of Medicine and studied plastic surgery at the University of Michigan.

Adams' bio page has been taken off the Discovery Channel's Web site as well.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #22
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

This whole incident is very sad and my heart indeed goes out to Kanye and his family. True, anyone undergoing surgery is at risk. If in fact Kanye's mother had prior surgeries (I personally do not understand the vanity and obsession over plastic surgery especially among celebrities and the wealthy) and/or was told she would be at higher risk if she were to undergo another procedure, *IF* it were me, I would have certainly followed up on checking the credentials of any surgeon who would agree to do a procedure another surgeon refused to. As a practice there are simply things in life you cautiously and carefully consider and do your homework on, ESPECIALLY something that could affect your life. With the rap sheet this doc's got according to what's being reported in the media, I can't believe he was still "practicing" medicine and that he wasn't found out sooner rather than when it's too late. I'm sorry, but I'm shocked that Kanye's mother didn't check this guy out more thoroughly. I thought she was an intelligent credentialled professional (a professor or therapist of some kind?) Very sad situation.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

****WARNING... PICS ARE PRETTY GRAPHIC***

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/a_pa...f_dr_jan_adams

this is what this a-hole has done to one of the women who have malpractice suits against this monster..
Old 11-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #24
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

This is what I don't understand how this guy can live with himself and WHY he was still practicing medicine? I am glad I viewed these pics on an empty stomach. This kind of a story should truly open the eyes to anyone even considering any kind of plastic or reconstructive surgery....be VERY careful about who you choose to perform your surgery and DO YOUR RESEARCH!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:36 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:10 PM
Old 11-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kafrun
Poor guy.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:10 PM
I was just about to post that clip. Heartbreaking...

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/mu...00010000000001
Old 11-20-2007, 07:02 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:10 PM
That Dr. Adams is going to be on Larry King tonight. Should he really be going on tv? Preemptive strike attempt I guess.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:41 AM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
That Dr. Adams is going to be on Larry King tonight. Should he really be going on tv? Preemptive strike attempt I guess.
Actually, I was just on the CNN website and they reported that he walked off the show just a few minutes after it started.

Here's the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/20/don...tor/index.html

Condolences to Kanye West and family.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:19 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:10 PM
I saw that on the news, that he walked off. Not to mention the fact that Mrs. West's funeral was yesterday

They shouldn't have even had to ask him not to go on, any doctor with half a brain and human decency wouldn't even consider it.