Kanye West - Graduation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where can I find the recent record sales between the two rappers? I need to know this so I can win my a bet my friend and I have.

Loved "Stronger" and it's video, "Can't tell Me Nothing" was good, "Flashing Lights" is excellent, I still have to hear the rest, but Kanye's attitude and comments always makes me hesitant to spend money on him.

Is it still $9.99 this week? I have to pick up Popmart deluxe, Into the Wild, and pretty soon Foo Fighters and Bruce.

I almost never copy music, but I have for the past two Kanye albums, but no one at school that I know would have it haha.

To each their own, I'm not a huge fan as I don't find them to be anything cutting edge, but they do know how to rock. And I'm a much more casual Kanye fan, although I love what the man does with beats.

Yeah he's one of very few mainstream rap/hip hop artists I'd watch live, but Lupe Fiasco puts on an awesome show, he came to my school last year.

Of course we know he won't live up to his claim that he'd stop making albums if he lost.

Everyone knew his retirement was a marketing scheme, he even says so in the song "Encore"

powerhour24 said:
Of course we know he won't live up to his claim that he'd stop making albums if he lost.

I don't understand why this point is being brought back up over and over again. They both admitted it was a (lame) marketing ploy.
They don't have a problem with each other.

True, I'm not saying I bought into it, just that the world might be a better place if it came true haha.

Just bumping this to say that I'm officially on the "Graduation is a brilliant album" bandwagon. It took a while, but this is a really great piece of work. It's unfortunate that all of the worst songs are concentrated in the middle (Can't Tell Me Nothin', Barry Bonds, Drunk And Hot Girls), but Flashing Lights--->Everything I Am--->The Glory is an absolutely wonderful trio. I would rank Kanye West's albums like this:

1. Late Registration (8.5/10)
2. Graduation (8.1/10)
3. College Dropout (7.8/10)

I haven't given College Dropout much time to sink in, however. In the context of 2007, I would place it in the top 5:

1. Spoon - GaGaGaGaGa
2. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
3. The Shins - Wincing The Night Away
4. LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver
5. Kanye West - Graduation

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom