Kanye West - Graduation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2isthebest said:

Honestly, he's so conceited that I can't even listen to the man speak anymore. I still love his music, but there is nothing that irks me more than arrogance. He needs to get over himself.

like UnforgettableLemon said, he knows what he's saying and he plays it out in his music.

He can be conceited, but he makes damn fine music. Sorry it gets in the way of your enjoyment.

"like Prince was on Apollonia!"

LemonMacPhisto said:

like UnforgettableLemon said, he knows what he's saying and he plays it out in his music.

He can be conceited, but he makes damn fine music. Sorry it gets in the way of your enjoyment.

"like Prince was on Apollonia!"

It doesn't get in the way of my enjoyment of the music, though. I can separate the person from the art, thankfully. I do agree that he plays up for all it's worth, but it's going to get old some day. He might not actually be an arrogant bastard, but he doesn't need to further the myth either. He's a brilliant artist. Rather than reminding us all 24/7, I wish he would let his music speak for itself. It does a much better job.

gabrielvox said:
and homecoming is growing on me, even if CM is annoying as hell

:tsk:
That song is great. I've had it in my head all day.
I especially like Sting's trademark "Ah-yo-yo-yo" at the end. Well it reminds me of Sting, anyway.

Outside of Drunk And Hot Girls and Barry Bonds (Lil' Waynes verse is terribly disappointing), the album is incredible all the way through, I'm glad I found those two extra tracks too because I love Bittersweet closing.

Champion -> Stronger -> I Wonder = :bow:

Despite the song title 'Drunk and Hot Girls', I was hoping there would be somewhat of a meaning or beauty unfolding underneath the first impression.. seeing that it had the great Mos Def...but I was hugely brought to reality. The entire song is in the title, obviously. But besides this song, I am greatly impressed by the album, it certainly surpassed by expectations by a mile! The album fits together nicely, every part compliments another. Its solid, explosive and downright brilliant as fuck.

Good Morning, I Wonder, Everything I Am, Stronger are my favorites for today.

martha said:
:lol:

I was at Target tonight, getting other stuff, so I thought I'd pick up a copy instead of waiting to go to a record store. Kanye was sold out. There were stacks of 50 Cent. :giggle:

:up:

PlaTheGreat said:

:tsk:
That song is great. I've had it in my head all day.
I especially like Sting's trademark "Ah-yo-yo-yo" at the end. Well it reminds me of Sting, anyway.

hehe to me that's probably Sting's heavy reggae background but it's actually more of a trademark roots thing than anything...almost the reggae equivalent to the 'wave your hands it the air' live crowd participation type thing....it'll definitely play out well live for Kanye if he does it :) thats one thing I really enjoyed about his live act, he doesn't (well didn't the one time I saw him anyways) resort to alot of the hip hop singalong cliches that alot of other rappers do...it's fun and all, but sometimes I wonder if some of them do it because they are just being lazy and using those moments to fill out time/songs...

Last edited:
:sad: I :heart: Ayo Technology!

But that's really because I want to marry Timbaland and anything he touches.

Forget Thomas Crown, he's King Midas.

Just for fun, I made a Kanye mix for my mom. :lol: She dislikes rap, but that doesn't necessarily mean she would hate Kanye. :shrug:

1. Heard 'Em Say
2. Touch The Sky
3. Jesus Walks
4. All Falls Down
5. I Wonder
6. Flashing Lights
7. Good Life
8. School Spirit
9. Roses
10. Hey Mama
11. Family Business
12. The Glory
13. Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix)

It's a pretty soft mix, and there are a couple I would add if it was just for me (Addiction, We Don't Care, possibly We Major), but it's awesome. Solid flow, every song is great, no complaints. I probably should have added Homecoming, because my mom is a big Coldplay fan, but I hate that song, and I don't think she'd care for it either. :hmm:

LemonMelon said:
Just for fun, I made a Kanye mix for my mom. :lol: She dislikes rap, but that doesn't necessarily mean she would hate Kanye. :shrug:

1. Heard 'Em Say
2. Touch The Sky
3. Jesus Walks
4. All Falls Down
5. I Wonder
6. Flashing Lights
7. Good Life
8. School Spirit
9. Roses
10. Hey Mama
11. Family Business
12. The Glory

It's a pretty soft mix, and there are a couple I would add if it was just for me (Addiction, We Don't Care, possibly We Major), but it's awesome. Solid flow, every song is great, no complaints. I probably should have added Homecoming, because my mom is a big Coldplay fan, but I hate that song, and I don't think she'd care for it either. :hmm:

You don't think your mom would appreciate "Crack Music" or "Drunk and Hot Girls?"

On a more serious note, why not include "Through the Wire?" So much of Kanye's personality is really embodied in that song. Stubborn and endearing, a paradoxically humble braggart.

LemonMelon said:

1. Heard 'Em Say
2. Touch The Sky
3. Jesus Walks
4. All Falls Down
5. I Wonder
6. Flashing Lights
7. Good Life
8. School Spirit
9. Roses
10. Hey Mama
11. Family Business
12. The Glory

Great list, I'd probably burn the same for my mom, too. Maybe Stronger or Drive Slow would make that CD though.

UnforgettableLemon said:

You don't think your mom would appreciate "Crack Music" or "Drunk and Hot Girls?"

On a more serious note, why not include "Through the Wire?" So much of Kanye's personality is really embodied in that song. Stubborn and endearing, a paradoxically humble braggart.

Good point about Through The Wire. The reason I didn't use it was because I couldn't get it to fit anywhere. The song stands out so much as a novelty, and I'm not entirely sure if it's the kind of track everyone would like.

Champion almost made the cut, but I gave the edge to Good Life, even though it'll be all over the radio within weeks.

LemonMelon said:

1. Heard 'Em Say
2. Touch The Sky
3. Jesus Walks
4. All Falls Down
5. I Wonder
6. Flashing Lights
7. Good Life
8. School Spirit
9. Roses
10. Hey Mama
11. Family Business
12. The Glory

what no broke-phi-broke? :wink:

She is cool. I'm just hoping she's "cool" enough to like Kanye. :wink:

On another topic, I can confirm with all certainty that Lil Wayne's rap in Barry Bonds is one of the very worst I've ever heard. I mean...what the hell? He sounds like a 12 year old with laryngitis freestyling. He murdered that song, and he deserves at least a fine. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom