Kanye West - Graduation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found it via Google in no time the other day. Sometimes I have a hard time finding leaks, but this one was a piece of cake.

I'm loving this more than Late Registration already. "Stronger" -> "I Wonder" is a killer 2-song combo.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm loving this more than Late Registration already. "Stronger" -> "I Wonder" is a killer 2-song combo.

No way does Graduation touch Late Registration. LR actually made me think for a split second that there was still some hope for rap.

martha said:

It gets a little dicey when Kanye opens for U2. It's the end of the world. :|

Or the best combo of the tour besides Damian (and co.) and U2...whichever way, I frickin loved it!

now....if anyone so feels inclined, I'd love to hear this too...and yeah I'm lazy...lol....

gabrielvox at gmail

LemonMelon said:

No way does Graduation touch Late Registration. LR actually made me think for a split second that there was still some hope for rap.

There's always hope for rap, just not "popular, radio-friendly" rap dominated by shit like Young (someone) and Soulja Boyyyy.

martha said:

On the Vertigo tour, when our dear Kanye opened for some of the shows, many U2 fans on this very board were almost literally up in arms about it.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138529&highlight=kanye+west

yeah, that's why i said it was refreshing to see people who DO like him here... it was the same story on u2.com, which is where i was reading during the tour...

i read some of the thread... at least one person had the presence to remind the board that Public Enemy and the Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy opened on the ZooTv tour- a good 15 years ago, when it was much less expected, hiphop was much younger and the 'surprise' and mismatch were much more pronounced.

To me it makes sense that U2 work with and respect hiphop and r&b musicians who share some of their ideals.

i honestly have to wonder, for the U2 fans who get so upset, what do they think U2 are about ??

martha said:

I know. As I said then, U2 fuck up the mainstream, and the mainstream goes apeshit.

haha, i guess the interesting thing is that on Vertigo they fmixked it up by choice of opening acts, while their own sound was relatively conventional...

btw didn't mean to derail this thread...

Back
Top Bottom