Kaiser Chiefs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
'I Predict A Riot'

very Franz Ferdinand, which means half the board will love them and half will hate them

go listen (EP has the link in that thread of his on page 2 or something)

I thought the Kaiser Chiefs were okay the first time I heard anything by them here but now their new single is constantly being played on the radio stations and after a few listens I now want to turn the channel over. I have only heard a few of their songs though so that's not my informed opinion. I'm not very fussed on bands like Snow Patrol, Keane and Franz Ferdinand. I have really tried to like them. :slant:

I have all their songs, so yea I like them, " Oh My God I Can't Believe It" and "Na Na Na Na Naa" are my faves other than that they can be good or plain unexciting at times:|

I can really hear the FF sound here, which isnt a surprise since FF was so successful last year. Band like the chiefs, bloc party and robbers on high street all seem to follow behind them.
I liked FF, so Im not sure if thats a bad thing or a really bad thing.......
Need to hear more of Kaiser Chiefs before I give a cynical opinion though, I do like the track mentioned alright....

Heard "I Predict a Riot" a few weeks ago. I don't remember disliking it.

My posts are so useful. :wink:

yertle-the-turtle said:
'I Predict A Riot'

very Franz Ferdinand, which means half the board will love them and half will hate them

go listen (EP has the link in that thread of his on page 2 or something)

yes. very franz ferdinand.

can you guess what i think about them?

i'll tell you. i caught the video for "i predict a riot" on one of the MTVs i have, and i sat through it to find out who it was, so i could avoid them in the future.

i also wanted to know what the song was called, since i couldn't for the life of me figure out what the singer was saying.

"i predict tourettes"?
"i put it to rest"?

never would have got "i predict a riot" out of that.

I Predict a Riot is crazily catchy. I don't like Oh My God at all, but I only listened to it once. I like them alright but I haven't heard anything other than those two.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I guess I should clarify I only know that one song

I do like it a fair bit though

and I love the band name (Kaiser Chiefs are a football team in South Africa)

you know the kaiser chiefs ?(as in the football team) But you're based in singapore?? are you south african? if so then i wont be the only one on here!!!!

I'm not South African (but I know someone on the board is, just can't remember who...apologies because I remember thinking you were a cool person!)

but I like football

digsy said:

you know the kaiser chiefs ?(as in the football team) But you're based in singapore?? are you south african? if so then i wont be the only one on here!!!!

that's the beauty of Championship manager (c'mon Mr Mendu, you know you want to move to Bradford really).

I did get the album and I like I Predict A Riot and Saturday Night (although I prefer the original mix, they changed it last minute for the album I think). The rest of it, however, is just as bad as the rest of them, far too Franz Ferdinand-esque.

I really like the 2 singles ive heard from them - oh my god has got stuck in my head!!!

oh my god i cant believe it!

Yep, I agree that its a 'fun' album - not technically great but very enjoyable to listen to, I love it.
Only got the album recently after listening to my dads Kaiser Chiefs album (I usually can't stand most of the music he listens too).

Oh My God and You Can Have It All are my favourites from the album.

I saw the Kaiser Chiefs in concert with Weezer and Foo Fighters and they were great.

They also did a special thing for their fans. If you were the first 2000 to sign up for a special edition happy xmas 7" record with two songs.

Haven't had a chance to listen since I don't have a record player here in VA but I do in Kentucky.

Really cool, it was free as well!!!!

interesting this song is only being talked about now, because when i was in europe in may of '05, i saw the 'i predict a riot' video all the time.

i think...maybe it OMG!!!, i can't remember.

anyway, i'm indifferent to them.

skjuls said:
I saw the Kaiser Chiefs in concert with Weezer and Foo Fighters and they were great.

were you at the fairfax show? i saw them there, i thought they were rather decent.

i might pick up the album some day. it's good for what it is, fun + catchy britpop.

bollox said:

were you at the fairfax show? i saw them there, i thought they were rather decent.

i might pick up the album some day. it's good for what it is, fun + catchy britpop.

Yes, I was at the Fairfax show.

I had GA and was along the rail to the right of the stage (far right) so far right, I could see Dave Grohl watching the Kaiser Chiefs.

"I Predict a Riot"...the last song i heard in 2005.....rubbish.

The novelty's just worn off for me sadly.

skjuls said:

Yes, I was at the Fairfax show.

I had GA and was along the rail to the right of the stage (far right) so far right, I could see Dave Grohl watching the Kaiser Chiefs.

cool yo, i was on the floor on the opposite side, a few people back.

Back
Top Bottom