Just Vote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick one

• Wuthering Heights

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Harry Potter

Votes: 39 65.0%

• Total voters
Harry Potter.

I've read 3 pages of Harry which is 300% more pages then I've read of Heathcliffe.

Wuthering Heights. Then again, unfair, since I've never read Harry Potter. Luckily, having actually read the book(s) wasn't a requirement to vote.

Wuthering Heighs annoyed me. Maybe if I'd read it earlier in my life I would have found whatshisname all swoony and dreamy instead of a huge jerk. Brooding, my ass.

If it had been Harry Potter over Austen, however? I wouldn't have been voting for ol' Lightning Bolt Scar.

I hated almost all the characters in Wuthering Heights.

HP. :up:

corianderstem said:
Wuthering Heighs annoyed me. Maybe if I'd read it earlier in my life I would have found whatshisname all swoony and dreamy instead of a huge jerk. Brooding, my ass.

If it had been Harry Potter over Austen, however? I wouldn't have been voting for ol' Lightning Bolt Scar.

The American Heathcliff is soooo much dreamier. ;)

Ha! After I'd posted that comment, I was thinking about how brooding was overrated. And then actually followed up that thought with "... except for Mulder."

But jeez, at least Mulder was funny. :wink:

Ug. Harry Potter bores me. I swear, I tried to read the first book, like 3 times and just kept thinking, "oh man is this lame." Especially that game with the broomsticks. :yuck: The first movie cemented my "lame" opinion. :D

I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books and don't plan on reading any. Unfortunately, I have read Wuthering Heights. :yuck: I hated that book with a passion! (I thought Jane Eyre sucked too -- bunch of wusses in both. ick!) :grumpy:

Therefore, I voted for Harry Potter. :)

Thank you, everyone. I've been trying to read the classics lately, but Wuthering Heights is making me break out in hives. I thought it was me, but even some of you cool kids seem to give it a thumbs down so I don't feel so anti-smart.
:up:

This is quite the amazing poll we've got going here. Long-winded book that while strong literature is worshiped so much that it taints opinions of it for me anyway, versus the title character in a series of 7 engaging and creative young adult books.

Angela Harlem said:
Thank you, everyone. I've been trying to read the classics lately, but Wuthering Heights is making me break out in hives. I thought it was me, but even some of you cool kids seem to give it a thumbs down so I don't feel so anti-smart.
:up:

Some so-called classics aren't that classic or good...unfortunately teachers across the globe are still forced to teach them.

So I voted for Harry Potter.

I didn't get through the Wuthering Heights movie awake, and I only forced myself through it because at the time there were about 8 books to read where I was. The only "classic" I've read and disliked more was Jane Eyre. Two asshole men who I refuse to believe are simply "misunderstood."

Now if you want an excellent classic, either go for a Jane Austin or try Hardy - Tess of the D'Urbervilles.

However I am not such a snob as to deny my love for Harry over even great classics. There's some Austin and Dickens that might give Harry a run for his money as deserted island books, but I'm not ashamed of my love of a good fun novel even if it's not the height of world/english literature. I've read some fabulous books this summer/year (Thousand Splendid Suns, Five People you Meet in Heaven, The Time Traveler's Wife :up: ) but if I could only read one all year I'd go with Harry next Friday night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom