just some random questions slightly resembling a poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
1) Do you think all people are supposed to meet someone special or are some people just meant to be alone all their life?
Much as i'd like to believe the first, i think the latter is more realistic.

2) What do you think about immortality?
I always think a person sort of lives on in his children (looks&personality traits they may inherit), or by his work (artists for example) or in the memory of his loved ones.

3) When you feel attractive, is it because of your appearance (clothes, make up...) or does it have to come from within you?
It varies. There's days when i feel totally uncompetitive towards females on the streets, and there's days i just get a boost. (getting a new haircut or a compliment, for example)

4) What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Eyes/Smile.

5) Did you achieve your goals in life?
I'm working on it. One of them i'll get done with shortly, hopefully.

6) How weird is this thread?
wink.gif

------------------
- be uncool, yes be awkward

Originally posted by U2girl:
Do you think all people are supposed to meet someone special or are some people just meant to be alone all their life?

I think life is what you make it. If you want to be alone, and try to be, you will be.
If you want someone to share your life with, you will endeavor to do so. You get what you give.

I don't really have an intelligent answer for this issue. I think you can be immortal in thoughts, memories, celluloid and print. But I can't say for certain I have seen enough proof that your soul "lives on."

3) When you feel attractive, is it because of your appearance (clothes, make up...) or does it have to come from within you?

Generally it's because of what I'm wearing as that is what someone sees or notices when they first meet you. If I have put forth an effort on my appearance, I do/will feel attractive. I think I am an attractive person on the inside, too - but socially, I feel most attractive when I am made-up and wearing stylish clothing.

This sounds terrible, but if I'm not intrinsically attracted to the person, I most likely won't approach. This is just out of human nature... - however, what draws me to them if we've initiated conversation, is their ability to be kind and intelligent.

Somewhat. I am my own boss and make a decent salary. I am working on achieving inner happiness and a trim body, and have a wonderful boyfriend, cats and a big house. On the side, I am striving to achieve more personal goals such as writing a book and publishing poetry. Perhaps when I move to a bigger city this autumn, I will finally delve into something more "me" scene-wise.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 03-07-2002).]

1) Do you think all people are supposed to meet someone special or are some people just meant to be alone all their life?
I like the first one. But, being that there are more women than men, some of us will have to be alone...*sigh*

Immortality ruins the attractiveness of life. If I knew I would live forever, I'd never do anything as there wouldn't be a time limit. As for reputation immortality...ummm I dunno, I s'pose in your kin and whatnot, but what if you are one of the unlucky women in question #1? It's our actins and words that make us.

It varies for me too. I am really confident some days, while others I just wanna hide my head in a hole so other people won't have to suffer by seeing me.

Eyes and smile, sure. But the smile generally depends on the content behind it (if you're conversing and a compliment is given, the smile becomes instantaneously more attractive).

Nope. Not by a long shot.

6) How weird is this thread? It's cute and I like it.

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.

7) Do you think that people around you are your "mirror" reflecting you? (and by watching them closey, you can see your own mistakes)
Yes. I often find myself wondering if things exist when I don't see them. Like is interference there when I'm not on it? Who knows? But it's a trippy thing to think about. We need to learn from other people's mistakes, else we would never advance.

8) If you looked at your real life friends, would you say they are the kind of personalities you'd like to be?
No. They compliment my personality nicely. That's what I like in my friends, they are different, but still the same as me.

9) Do you have any pets?
Yes, a cat (named Cat) and a dog who is in chemotherapy now. My Uncle Bob had a parrot that lived for 112 years though. It was mean.

10) Do you think one can theoretically work on his character (try to change for the better, grow...) at any given time? Or is it predetermined with genes and you can't do it.
You can change anything you want outside of your physicality as far as genes are involved. The ability to grow and change is the aspect of my personality I love the most.

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.

More to come:

7) Do you think that people around you are your "mirror" reflecting you? (and by watching them closey, you can see your own mistakes)
Maybe now and then.

8) If you looked at your real life friends, would you say they are the kind of personalities you'd like to be?
Yes, most of them.

9) Do you have any pets?
No - we had a parrot once, but it got sick, got blind and died.

10) Do you think one can theoretically work on his character (try to change for the better, grow...) at any given time? Or is it predetermined with genes and you can't do it. (or, old habits die hard)
I don't know. Can't say neither way.

1)I think some people choose to be alone. They may not realize it, but they just keep people at arms length. I think that if you let people in you are likely to meet your someone special. I also think that the someone special is not always who we think it is going to be.
2)As far as real immortality, I don't believe in it. The idea of reincarnation is very interesting, but I'm not sure I believe in that either. I do agree with you about people living on in their children and work/ideas they leave behind.
3)Both. When I dyed my hair auburn again, I felt so good about myself, but part of that was me liking it not just the outside. This one is hard because I generally think I look bad a lot. Terrible self esteem. I think if it comes from inside it's more lasting than outside, but it's also harder.
4)Smile, then eyes. After I talk to them I love a sense of humor.
5)Not yet. I'm moving this summer to start working on one. I'm still not completely sure what I want to do in life.
6)I like it.
smile.gif

7)Some of them. Some I certainly hope not. lol!
8)For sure a few of them. Some I think are personalities I don't want to become.
9)No- my dog died last year.
frown.gif

10)I would like to think so. It will be very hard, but I think some aspects of ourselves can be changed. I think most people don't change because it's hard to first of all make the change within you, and second, change the way people who have know you forever see you.
Thanks for this thread. It's very interesting to challenge yourself to think about how you really feel about things!
~Jen

Currently, my friends are nothing like me - but yes, sometimes you can be judged by the company you keep - and other times, you like to surround yourself with different types so that you can effectively grow as a person.

Not usually. I've had so many things happen to me in my life which have caused me to do intensive soul-searching, and all of this has turned me into a fully fleshed out person. Many of my friends, unfortunately, are not as fleshed out or self-actualized. This doesn't make them wrong, weird, bad or ignorant - it just means that I don't compare myself to them or try to emulate them.

9) Do you have any pets?

2 amazing boy kitties - Splick and Jarvis.

10) Do you think one can theoretically work on his character (try to change for the better, grow...) at any given time? Or is it predetermined with genes and you can't do it. (or, old habits die hard)

Good question. I think change is entirely possible and plausible - if the person is open to it. Too many people get stuck in patterns and repeat what they know. They never change, and don't always realize there is room for change. Then, there are the people who are constantly bettering themselves and expanding their minds and ways of thinking, being and acting - this is a wonderful way to be, and it's something I always endeavor to do.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 03-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom