Just saw The Gin Blossoms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ok, go ahead and laugh :madspit: I actually won the tickets to see them tonight. Beforehand I was like, eh, why not. But now I'm glad I went. I think I'm a closet Gin Blossoms fan. :uhoh: The highlight of the evening was when the singer asked this audience member to call up her ex on her cell phone. He then proceded to sing "Follow You Down" and "Hey Jealousy" to him on the phone. I wonder how long it took for the guy to hang up on him :lol:

cool. as long as it was a good show. i had honestly forgotten about them, i never had anything against them. but then again i might have missed something about them being really uncool when those songs acheived the semi-popularity that they did. not something i'd spend money one, but hey, you won the tickets. free is good, espceicallyy when it comes to music.

Well, I was never one to buy into that "they're uncool cause they sold out" method of thinking. But, when Gin Blossoms had a song put on the Empire Records soundtrack, they hit their highpoint in popularity and then people they were not so cool cause they are now "pop." I always thought they were a nice band which had songs you could hum along to. They also faded from exsistance shortly after their lead guitarist killed himself. But in any case, it was a great show at a great venue which served decent long islands... so Im happy :wink:

I really like "New Miserable Experience." It's a great album to chill out to. A couple of the songs are pretty rockin' too.

:up: Gin Blossoms :up:

"You can't call it cheating cause she reminds me of you..."

That album is solid and has some beautiful songs on it like 29 and Until I Fall Away. Some really good lyrics too. Unfortunately they suffer a bit from sounding too much alike, but hey I still like them a lot.

Actually they have a couple other songs from other albums (wish I could remember details) that are also really good.

Cleasai said:
Well, I was never one to buy into that "they're uncool cause they sold out" method of thinking. But, when Gin Blossoms had a song put on the Empire Records soundtrack, they hit their highpoint in popularity and then people they were not so cool cause they are now "pop." I always thought they were a nice band which had songs you could hum along to. They also faded from exsistance shortly after their lead guitarist killed himself. But in any case, it was a great show at a great venue which served decent long islands... so Im happy :wink:

4th & B rocks! Sorry I missed the show.

Back
Top Bottom