Just returned from a BOWIE concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Northeast

Acrobat
Drove to Montreal to see David Bowie......he felt well enough to go on saturday night...whoo hoooo. ONe of the best concerts ever! (excluding u2 of course) He was so funny and nice to the audience which was a total surprise...I thought he might be kind of weird and coldish but he wasn't, he was so nice!!!! He started out with rebel rebel and then did New Killer Star.......he did a nice mix of old and new material. His old stuff sounded great, it has lots of heavy base and guitar it really rocked.....a great new sound.
One of the best songs he did was "I'm afraid of Americans" it made me want to jump up and shout yeah thats me!!!! It was sooooooo good!!!!! he didn't play too long only 2 hrs.....but he wasn't feeling well, but he made up for it by putting on a great great great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else see this one...or another?:dance: :dance:

she'll lay belief on you.....the lady from another grinning soul

why didn't you?.....jump up and shout "yeah! that 's me!"?

ahh it's sounds marvellous. I am very disappointed not to have tickets for one of his ustralian shows. It has been 25 years since I first and last saw him in concert here, a kind of anniversary it could be. I was right at the front of the stage that night :heart:

I have been a Bowie fan since I was about 12,the first album I ever bought was a Bowie one. I have lots of his interviews and videos and I have always thought of him as a gentleman. So your reaction to his manner is sweet.
I heard a famour rock photographer interviewed recently( he's just released a book I'd love to see) The 3 bands/ performers he mentioned in that interview as being impressive were Queen, U2 and Bowie. He said Bowie has a powerful charisma, when he walks into a room everyone stops and looks.:heart:
Bowie once described Brian Eno as the most grogeous boy he'd ever see:D

Woops I'm in Bowie rave mode...:reject:
Thanks for taking the time to teel us about the concert.
wish i was there:)

I, I wish I could swim
Like dolphins, dolphins can swim...............
:wave:

that would be
"Australian"
"famous" and
"gorgeous"

I'm in a hurry and Bowie gets me excited. Apologies from the typo queen

Re: she'll lay belief on you.....the lady from another grinning soul

cass said:
why didn't you?.....jump up and shout "yeah! that 's me!"?

I thought it would be alittle obnoxious since we were in Canada and everything....:wink:

Rebel Rebel :drool:

I really, really want to see him when he's here in January, but I also need to save some cash as well.

:|

Hot Tramp, I love you so.

Saw his performance last night.

One of the best straight up rock shows I've ever seen (honest this time). I'm amazed that he has maintained his stage presence, and is possibly even cooler than when he started out. Aside from the audience showing ineptitude during the China Girl sing-a-long, the night was flawless...

Opening the show with Rebel, Rebel was awesome. More artists should start off concerts with that type of energy and nostalgia. He actually played the songs the casual fans came to see (who I'm sure are now the converted), but did it in a fashion that flowed with his new material.

Highlights for the non-hardcores:

Rebel, Rebel
Cactus
Heros
China Girl (eventually)
Man Who Sold The World (not a cover damnit)
Pressure
Suffragette City
Ziggy Stardust...

Alas, no Let's Dance, Changes, Major Tom, or Golden Years. But still an amazing set.

David Bowie :up:

I just back from the Bowie concert in Vancouver and it was great. Lots and lots of songs (only a couple I either hadn't heard before or didn't remember) The best songs: Rebel Rebel, All The Young Dudes, White Light - White Heat, I'm Afraid of Americans, Sufragette City, Ziggy Stardust....oh who am I kidding they were all great. Macy Grey opened and she was great too. I've been to lots of shows and this was one of the very best I've seen.

I was happy to see this thread and hear that Bowie was good. I am going to see him in Brisbane on the 17th of February, the tickets for the god section were $175 each, so I was kind of hoping to hear a good review or two of his recent shows to make me feel a little better about spending the most I have ever spent on a single concert ticket- why o why are concert tickets getting so damn expensive?????

anyway I hope Bowie is feeling like doing 'Starman' the night I see him:)

OzAurora said:
I was happy to see this thread and hear that Bowie was good. I am going to see him in Brisbane on the 17th of February, the tickets for the god section were $175 each, so I was kind of hoping to hear a good review or two of his recent shows to make me feel a little better about spending the most I have ever spent on a single concert ticket- why o why are concert tickets getting so damn expensive?????

anyway I hope Bowie is feeling like doing 'Starman' the night I see him:)

The show was great, he played for 2 hours and sang 28 songs. The only bad thing I could say is about the staging (the review in my local paper reminded me). There were 2 ramps set up on either side of the stage and they really served no purpose except to block the view of those with seats at the side of the stage. Bowie went up on one the ramps for one song but that was it. Enjoy the show - it was one of the best I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom