Just plain wrong.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diemen said:

LOL, flower, you crack me up.

:hug: flower :hug:

joyfulgirl: points taken. Maybe he's not a particularly cool guy after all, but refer to my initial comment about him - he seems like a fairly normal guy. Okay, so the Debbie Gibson is indeed wrong. So he likes Sting, I don't see that as just plain wrong. So he thinks Sting is, to him, the best singer-songwriter. I don't agree, but it's not exactly the most offensive opinion ever. So he likes Bonny Raitt and hall and oates - so what? They're not gods of music, but it's not the worst thing on earth, either. Nothing plain wrong about that. As for the concert, I think he interpreted the question maybe a little egotistically, but nothing outrageous about it. I actually think his comment about the Alice Cooper behind the music is funny, too. At least he didn't say he was wrapped up in all the drama surrounding britney spears life and bitter trials. :slant: Justin Timberlake, well, let's face it, it's dance music.

All in all, they might not be the must enlightened or interesting opinions out there, but I see nothing (besides Debbie Gibson) that makes him seem "just plain wrong." Lightweight, sure. "Just plain wrong" I save for the likes of Courtney Love's music and most of the tripe that passes for hip-hop/rap on mtv these days.

I actually agree with you, Diemen. I don't know what got into me--I thought meegannie's thread title was funny and I went off on it in a moment of pure boredom. But to be honest with you, Mayer's not even on my radar. So excuse me for my silliness. I don't do it often, I promise.

:wave:

melon said:
And for Christ's sake. He's a musician, not Gandhi. Are you expecting profound statements? If you have these many problems with a light, non-serious interview, then I think that it may be you guys that have the problem, not him.

BTW, I am not a fan of his music. This thread seems a bit melodramatic, though.

melon

Oh stop it. You go off on stuff all the time.

:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom