Just Got Back From The Canucks Game!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It was great. I mean, great. I got a couple $80 tickets for $60 each (the scalper was desperate). The game had a little bit of everything. Fights, hitting, glass shattering hitting (literally!), goals, goals and more goals. Vancouver lambasted Columbus 7-2! Naslund and Bertuzzi were just sick. So good. In fact, Naslund, Bertuzzi, and Morrison all had 4 points each! The Canucks are unbeated in 13 games. What's the NHL record? I think it's 17 or something. This team is the most exciting young team since the Oilers of the mid 80s. This was the first game I've seen all year, and worth every penny, which is saying something given the obscene ticket prices these days.

Last edited:
yes, you picked a good game to go to.

morrison has been the best player on the canucks since the red wings game.

btw, the longest WINNING streak is 17 games. unbeaten streak is much higher, though i dont know what it is.

Yes Gick, you are right. The longest undefeated streak (one season) is 35 games!! Philadelphia Flyers Oct 14, 1979 - Jan 6, 1980, 25 wins, 10 ties. Vancouver won't be able to match it this year, as they would run out of season. They only have 20 games left. One has to ask if any team will ever break this record. The question is, then, will Naslund hit 50 goals and beat Haken Loobs record for most goals by a Swedish player? I can't remember if Loob scored 50, 51, or 52. In any case, I think he'll do it. He scored his 40th of the season last night (his second of two), and as mentioned has 20 games left to score the remaining 10 or 12 goals. He's on pace, anyway.

Last edited:
The Canucks are very entertaining to watch. Hopefully they string some wins together this spring. It would great to see them go far.

well, another blow out, this time 8-0. theyre freaking insane, i love it.

and get this...

naslund only got 13 minutes of ice time tonite...and he registered SIX points!

haha, Wanderer.

Gickies, did you catch the game on TV? We get almost all the Canucks games on sportsnet regional (in BC), but I'm not sure about you in Manitoba. They kicked some mucho ass again tonight. They've scored 15 goals in their last two games, with Naslund's line getting 26 points! Tonight, that line scored 14 points! Morrison, also, is just on fire right now. He just received back to back player of the week honors, and then goes out and gets 2 goals and 2 assists. It also shows you just how well a team is playing when Bertuzzi gets 2 goals and 2 assists, and still can't make the 3 star selection! Nice to see Cloutier get a shutout. Linden scoring two goals was nice to see, too. They're only 1 point out of first place overall, and Naslund is leading the NHL in scoring once again. This team might just be the best in the NHL right now. They've already convincingly beaten Ottawa (I think it was 6-3) earlier this season, and have recently beaten the Colorados and Detroits of the league. The only team I'm not sure about is Dallas. I think that would be a formidable opponent, but I think the Canucks are just as good as they are. Since Christmas of 2001, the Canucks have the league's best record.

Oh, almost forgot to mention: if they beat San Jose on Thursday, they will have gone undefeated for the entire month of February!

Last edited:
ya, as of today it was a month ago since they last lost.

and btw, the CANUCKS got back to back honours, not morrison... ;)

cloutier was player of the week last week, while morrison is the player of the week for this week.

just thought id clarify... :wink:

i too miss the days of sergio momesso, jim sandlak, randy cunnyworth and patrick poulin.

ahh sergio momesso...the leafs took them off your hands. maple leafs are always helping other canadian franchises:wink:

i went to the sens-wild game last nite. we were quite drunk but apparently our antics got us on sportsnet's nite broadcast.

Gickies Gageeze said:

and btw, the CANUCKS got back to back honours, not morrison... ;)
Oh, that's right. I stand corrected. In any case, nice to see him go out and score 4 points the game after getting player of the week. Maybe he'll get back to back honors this week! I find it amusing that he went, what, 18 games without a goal, and now has scored 8 goals in his last 9 games since ending his drout!

The Canucks were just brutal for the first two periods tonight, but became themselves in the 3rd. Why oh why couldn't they play that well in the first two periods??? Something tells me there was a wee bit lack of effort tonight. Inexcusable! And now, they've got Bertuzzi and Ohlund out, as well as Cloutier! Shit, they're going to have to overcome this somehow. And they could have tied Dallas and Ottawa for 1st place if they'd won tonight!

Back
Top Bottom